The Modern Warfare 1.41 update patch notes have now been shared by developer Infinity Ward. The new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update today is rolling out across all supported platforms, which includes PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The new patch introduces Season 2 content, including new maps, the new Operator Ghost, new weapons, and more. Read on for the highlights of this new update, as well as the full list of changes.
Modern Warfare 1.14 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
Season 2 content
As soon as the Modern Warfare 1.14 update has been downloaded and installed to your system, you’ll be able to enjoy the first round of Season 2 content. Starting February 11, players will be able to access three new multiplayer maps: two normal-sized maps called Rust and Atlas Superstore, and one Ground War map named Zhokov Boneyard. There will also be new Gunfight Maps, new multiplayer modes, the new Ghost operator, and two new weapons.
Weapon nerfs and buffs
Infinity Ward went in hard on the crossbow, fixing kills that weren’t tracking, nerfing the explosive Fury crossbow bolts to no longer kill Juggernauts in one hit, a change to the weapon’s reload speed, and a bug fix for melee damage on deployable cover.
The SA87 has also been tweaked. Recoil has been “smoothed out” and the overall damage of the weapon has seen an increase.
As for the RAM-7, it received an extended magazine ammo count buff from 45-50.
Season 2 Perk changes
Infinity Ward has implemented a vast number of Perk changes with the 1.14 update. These include buffs and nerfs, as well as Perks swapping places. For example, Overkill has switched places with Killchain and will now be in Perk 2.
Modern Warfare 1.14 Update Patch Notes | Full list
Here are the full Modern Warfare patch notes for update version 1.14 as provided by the developers at Infinity Ward.
- New Operator: Ghost!
- New Weapons: Grau 5.56 and Striker 45
- Playlist Update!
- CDL Playlist (Hardpoint, Domination, Search and Destroy)
- Realism Ground War (previously Realism Mosh Pit)
- Adding Boneyard into Ground War rotation
- “I have Rust Issues” – 6v6 Mosh Pit
- Gunfight Snipers 3v3
- Rust: available in 2v2 and 6v6 playlists
- Atlas Superstore: available in 6v6 and 10v10 playlists
- Regiments! (check them out in the Social menu!)
- Special Ops Survival: Azhir Cave (Sony Exclusive!)
- Akimbo Weapon Perk! (available in Gunsmith)
- * A note from the team: Bazaar and Gunfight Tournaments will go live later in the season!
- Fix for the “Focused” challenge not tracking properly
- Krovnik Farmland
- Added back into rotation
- Removed access to the second floor in a handful of centrally located houses (see the locations below marked in red)
- Fixes for various exploits across Ground War maps
- Fixed an issue where players could team kill Care Package owners and teammates capturing Care Packages
- Fix for Platinum and Damascus camos sometimes having a blinding glare when in certain areas that contain sunlight
- Fix for a rare bug that could prevent players from accessing the barracks, weapons, and/or Operators tabs after matches
- Disabled the “Copy Loadout” feature
- Trophy System: Deploy time has been reduced by about half a second
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to get infinite Weapon Drops by cancelling Killstreaks. Killstreaks are no longer usable when the Weapon Drop grenade is equipped
- Fixed a bug where objectives were not giving Field Upgrade progress
Perks – Rebalancing
- Perk 1 Slots
- Overkill: Switched places with Killchain and will now be in Perk 2
- E.O.D.: Removed hacking ability (added to Spotter perk)
- Double Time: Double the recharge rate of Tactical Sprint
- Quick Fix: Reduced health regeneration delay – any kill will immediately start regeneration
- Perk 2 Slots
- Ghost: Remove Snapshot grenade immunity (moved to Battle Hardened)
- Restock: Change the equipment recharge rate from 30 to 25 seconds
- Killchain: Switched places with Overkill In Perk 1
- Pointman: Increase the score gain for Scorestreaks across all modes
- Perk 3 Slots
- Tune Up: Increase Field Upgrade cost reduction
- Spotter: Added hacking ability (from E.O.D.); we’re currently working on the ability to hack through walls.
- Battle Hardened:
- Added Snapshot grenade immunity (moved from Ghost)
- Added Gas grenade resistance:
- Cough is no longer played when a player enters gas
- Reduced slowdown under gas effect
- Reduced blur when under gas effect
- Fix for some kills not tracking properly when attempting to unlock the Crossbow
- Fixed explosive Fury crossbow bolts to not kill Juggernauts in one hit
- Very slight tuning to the reload speed. We’re still fine tuning this one, so more adjusting is in the works!
- Fixed a bug where the Crossbow did not do any melee damage to Deployable Cover
- SA87– Smoothed out recoil, increased damage
- Increased RAM-7 extended mags ammo count from 45 to 50
- *A note from the weapons team! The Solozero NVG Enhanced is supposed to see through smoke, but a rendering bug broke this one optic temporarily. We’ll have it fixed shortly!
- Operation Harbinger: Fixed an issue with a checkpoint that could cause players to spawn under the map
Keyboard and Mouse
- Added Change to Loadout keybinds for Custom Loadouts 6 to 10, allowing players to quickly switch to any of their favorite Loadouts with the press of a button.
- Fixed a visual issue where highlighting the usernames of multiple people in a lobby with the mouse cursor could lead to multiple Emblem/Player Card/Level UI elements appearing and overlapping each other.
Call of Duty League:
- Removed Specialist restrictions
- For Keyboard & Mouse Codcasters, it is now possible to bring up player Field Upgrades by pressing a key in the same way as they can with Killstreaks. This also shows the exact progress until each player unlocks their respective Field Upgrade.
- Player health levels are displayed in the background of their portraits
- Player numbers are now displayed in the minimap and are larger when viewed on the full map
- When using the Tracker perk, footprints are now visible even when the Bullet Impacts & Sprays option is disabled in the Graphics tab
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability