A new month means new creatures to find in Nintendo’s serene island life simulator, Animal Crossing: New Horizons. One such introduction is the teeny-tiny Neon Tetra — a fish that you can catch as of right now! Here’s everything you need to know about how to catch a Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Stick with us as we help to flesh out your Critterpedia in the debut Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch game.
How do you catch a Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
If you’re looking to fish for a Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, then you’ll first need to know what conditions it can appear under. The requirements on this one are quite kind, with the little fishy appearing in-game between the months of April and November in the Northern Hemisphere. That’s plenty of time to bag yourself a Neon Tetra, so long as you’re searching between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm.
How to catch a Neon Tetra in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Craft Fishing Bait using a Manila Clam (here’s how).
- Ensure that you’re playing between the months of April and November in the Northern Hemisphere. (In the Southern Hemisphere, you’ll need to play between October and May.)
- Make your way to any in-game river between 9 am and 4 pm.
- Open up your inventory and scatter the Fishing Bait into the water.
- Keep an eye out for a fish with a small shadow, as this could be a Neon Tetra.
- Equip your fishing rod and cast the line so that it lands just in front of the fish.
- Wait for the fish to bite down on the lure, then hit the “A” button to reel it in.
It’s worth noting that small shadows aren’t guaranteed to be Neon Tetras, so you may need to repeat the process several times and persevere a little bit. Once you’ve caught one, it isn’t really worth seeking out more as Neon Tetras only sell for 500 Bells in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.