The Apex Legends 1.33 update patch notes are ready to read, with the new update today (April 7) now rolling out across PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. The main highlight of the new Apex Legends update is The Old Ways event, which kicks off as soon as users download and install the new patch and go back online. If the patch doesn’t automatically begin to download, you can always use your system’s respective “Check for update” function to force the patch. While you wait for the download to complete, read on for the full list of Apex Legends 1.33 update patch notes.
Apex Legends 1.33 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
The Old Ways event
As mentioned in the introduction, the main highlight of the Apex Legends 1.33 update patch notes is the new The Old Ways event, which will run from April 7 to April 21. This event will feature a new Town Takeover called “Bloodhound’s Trials,” in addition to an exclusive event prize track and direct purchase shop.
If your favorite way to play Apex Legends is in the limited-time Duos playlist, you’ll be happy to learn that the new update not only reintroduces Duos, but also adds it as a permanent playlist. It should never leave the game again!
Apex Legends 1.33 Update Patch Notes | Full list
New Town Takeover – Bloodhound’s Trials
When the Apex Games came to World’s Edge, large predators vacated the area, leading to an explosion in the prowler population. Most were traced to a nest in the northwest portion of the arena, and here, Bloodhound saw an opportunity: maintain the ecosystem by pitting humans against beasts.
Dive into Bloodhound’s Trials, where you and your squad battle against a hoard of prowlers and claim high-tier loot as your reward. But beware the most dangerous game: fellow Legends who want to scavenge those goods for themselves. In moments of quiet, don’t forget to explore the enclosure, especially with a certain hunter at your side.
The Old Ways Exclusive Event Prize Track
As part of the Old Ways Event, you’ll have the chance to complete daily challenges and earn exclusive cosmetics inspired by the latest Stories from the Outlands: The Old Ways digital short. We’ve been seeing a lot of positive feedback from players in regards to the prize track we introduced with Grand Soiree and continued with System Override, and with The Old Ways event we’re delivering an all-new prize track with the following rewards:
As with the System Override Event, you’ll be able to earn up to 1000 points per challenge set and the challenge set will refresh at a daily rate. Plus, you’ll still be able to complete your battle pass challenges at the same time too.
Direct Purchase Shop
We’re adding new, exclusive skins that tie-in to The Old Ways digital short, similar to the Wraith skin from last September’s Voidwalker event. There’s also a mix of legendary and rare skins inspired by the aesthetics and themes of the short. The full schedule for these items is below:
Finally, The Old Ways Event marks the return of the Legendary Hunt Skins. All 8 of the original Legendary Hunt Skins will be on offer for direct purchase in addition to 2 recolored variants of the Wraith and R-301 skins that were exclusive to battle pass owners. As with before, these are still event exclusive so they won’t be available outside special occasions.
To celebrate this event, we invite you to join young Bloodhound on the hunt in the latest installment of our Stories from the Outlands series, titled “The Old Ways.” In a village that has learned to fear machines, a child is sent on a hunt in a final rite of passage. But when confronted with a monstrous threat, they must decide whether to reject the teachings of their elders. Follow Bloodhound’s trail and see how a Legend was created.
- Reduced headshot scale from 2.0 -> 1.75.
- Reduced leg shot scale from 0.9 -> 0.75.
- Slightly reduced projectile speed.
- LSTAR will reset its viewkick pattern much more quickly to avoid horizontal recoil feeling like it goes in an unpredictable direction while feathering the trigger.
- Reduced time before overheat 2.4 -> 2.2 (25 shots -> 23 shots)
- Increased headshot damage multiplier from 2.05 -> 3.0. Now it should always down a target with a headshot, even if they are a fortified character with a level 3 helmet and a full evo shield.
- Reduced ammo per pickup from 10 -> 8
- Reduced inventory stack size from 20 -> 16
- Limb shots on Low-Profile Legends now deal as much damage as body shots.
- Player feedback that Revenant wasn’t feeling viable enough has been loud and clear and game data showed the same. Our goal is to bring his effectiveness up to parity with other Legends.
- Increased duration of status effect from 10s -> 20s
- Silence now disables Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Increased the duration of area of effect from 5s -> 10s
- Silence has 2 charges now
- Characters are now respawned with 50 health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) instead of 1
- Removed Low Profile
- New secondary passive: Lifeline can access secret compartments with more loot on Blue Bins.
- Blue bins are found randomly replacing ordinary bins. These rare bins will have a secondary compartment that only Lifeline can open.
- The secondary compartment will always contain some mixture of health items, weapon attachments and knockdown shields.
- Portals will now disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside the Circle. This change was made to combat players exploiting the Portal to avoid taking damage outside the Ring.
- Reduced the amount of damage required to evolve.
- Blue Armor damage requirement reduced from 100 -> 75
- Purple Armor damage requirement reduced from 300 -> 150
- Red Armor damage requirement reduced from 500 -> 400
Kings Canyon and Kings Canyon After Dark
- Increase to the total amount of loot items that spawn in the map.
BUG FIXES / QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fixed bug for cases where matches results would not process correctly after players were disconnected.
- Fixes for some script errors.
- Fixed bug for cases where taller Legends could get stuck in geometry after using Wraith’s portal.
- Fixed bug for cases where players that were under Revenant’s Death Protection could still be healed by Lifeline’s D.O.C. drone and Wattson’s Interceptor Pylon.
- Fixed a bug where mantling with Wraith would cause the camera to clip through the character.
- [PS4]Fixed lighting in some interior areas on World’s Edge that were appearing too dark.
- Fixed bug where sometimes players would lose aim assist after being hit by Revenant’s Silence ability.
- Fix for cases where players would not receive assist credit when using Crypto’s Drone to scan enemies.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players could hear and in rare cases, be hit by Revenant’s abilities while in the Firing Range when he’s not there.
- Fix for some cases where the Circle would end in a bad or invalid location.
- Fix to help reduce cases of invisible doors.
- Fixed issue with Bangalore’s Viceroy skin where the legs were showing the wrong skin while mantling.
- Fixed bug for cases when Revenant places his ULT Death Totem on the train, a player is respawned to it while on the train, and the train is moving, the player could be respawned somewhere else on the map or even off the map.
- Energize charge for the Sentinel Sniper rifle can now be cancelled with Y or Triangle button.
- Fixed bug for cases where Dive Trails were visible before exiting the Drop Ship.
- Fixes for map bug related to exploitable hiding spots and bad geo.