The Modern Warfare Season 3 update patch notes are going to be quite big when they drop. They’re not quite out yet, but Activision has detailed what is coming in the big update. So what’s going to drop in the Modern Warfare Season 3 1.17 patch? Also, we will update the article with the full patch notes when Activision releases them.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Update Patch Notes 1.17 | New maps and playlists
This patch has a lot of stuff so buckle up. It includes three maps (two more are coming later): Talsik Backlot, Hovec Sawmill, and Aniyah Incursion. These three are all standard six-on-six maps and will stay in the game past the season. Playlists will also switch over the season and include modes like Demolition, Gun Game Reloaded, Gunfight variants, and more.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Update Patch Notes 1.17| New weapons
Players will also be able to earn new weapons during this season. There are two free weapons at tiers 15 and 31 in the battle pass: the Renetti handgun and the SKS marksman rifle. Those are a semi-automatic pistol (with an optional three-round burst attachment) and a semi-automatic rifle with a faster fire rate than other rifles in its class, respectively.
You can also change these guns around and customize them in the Gunsmith. There are also other weapons coming (it looks like an LMG from the picture) but Activision didn’t detail the firearm.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Update Patch Notes 1.17| Warzone
Warzone now allows for quads, meaning four players can join a team. This only applies to Plunder and the regular battle royale mode. Loot on the ground will also be overhauled to “diversify the strategies” in the game. Every weapon will also have a silenced and non-silenced version. There will also be more weapons and blueprints in and out of supply boxes.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Update Patch Notes | New Operators
There are a few new Operators coming this season. Ronin, the “one-man army” saboteur, and Iskra, an Allegiance fighter, will be in the store later in the season. You can buy them with COD Points.
Alex, however, will be the premium battle pass. Buying the pass will automatically unlock him. Players might recognize him from the main campaign, but it looks like he’s lost a leg since then.
Modern Warfare Season 3 Update Patch Notes | New season of content, battle pass, and trials
This patch coincides with a new season and battle pass. You can read more about the battle pass here, but it contains some of the previously mentioned parts depending on if you have the premium or free pass. The weapons are in the free version and Alex is in the paid one. The paid version has new skins, weapon blueprints, 1,300 COD Points, weapon skins, charms, Finishing Moves, and more. You just have to make sure to hit the right tier to earn everything.
There are also new trials to face: Gun Course, Risky Parkour, Shooting Range, and Marksman Challenge. These four challenges give you courses to master and you can earn up to 10,000 XP per three-star ranking. They all have different hazards so be ready to adapt to whatever the game throws at you. Trials from past seasons will also be there, too.
Full Modern Warfare Season 3 Update Patch Notes
- Lowered the max amount of XP and score given for Decoy Grenade assists
- Backend fixes to help Memory Error 13-71 issues. If you’re still experiencing this error, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fixed a bug where more than one dog would be present in the squad walk in the main multiplayer menu
- As an owner of a regiment, players could sometimes see an error when selecting another player in their regiment. This has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to skip cutscenes in the campaign while using keyboard and mouse controls
- Fixed a bug where players were sometimes unable to see Clan Tags for other players in the Social Menu after restarting app, or going through a power cycle
- Fixed an issue where some players could encounter graphical corruptions, causing their screen to have a black ‘shadow’ that followed them. This has been fixed
- Fix for an area on St. Petrograd that lacked collision and allowed the Recon Drone to fly out of bounds
- Fixed a bug that made clan tags appear twice
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from speaking to their team in a custom match if they switched teams after the match has started
- Lowered the volume of the plane audio during infil
- Lowered the audio once you enter the Gulag
- Reduced the volume of occluded far and distant weapons
- Some footstep sounds while ADS and crouched were cut short on the distance you could hear them, depending on the surface type
- Fixed an issue where “The Line Breaker” variant of the EBR could out perform the base version of the same weapon
- Players with the “Cherry Blossom” variant of the Akimbo handguns could have broken animations while ADS on ladders. This has been fixed
- Firing a smoke grenade with the under barrel 40mm smokescreen launcher did not emit any smoke from the grenade. This has been fixed
- Attaching the Sniper Scope to the MK2 Carbine while in the Gunsmith would show a white, opaque lens. This has been fixed.
- Tightened the pellet spread on the Slug 6-R Mags for the Model 680
- Akimbo weapons now start with 2 extra magazines of ammunition instead of 1
- Tightened up the hip spread on the VLK Rogue Shotgun
- Decreased ADS spread for shotgun slugs
- Added descriptions to slugs noting that longer barrels and chokes improve ADS accuracy
- Updating names of weapons to match weapon logos
- 725: “FTAC Equilibrium” renamed to “Cronen Equilibrium”
- SA87: “FSS SA87 Heavy Stock Pro” renamed to “XRK SA87 Heavy Stock Pro”
- RAM-7: “XRK Ranger” renamed to “FSS Ranger
- Grau 5.56: “FSS 26.4″ Archangel” renamed to “Tempus 26.4″ Archangel”
- Added on screen text to call out when a player’s vehicle is damaged
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for an error that could occur after launching the drone
- Operation Headhunter: Fixed a bug where the minimap could overlap the Objectives on screen
- Fall damage is now the same in Co-Op as it is in Warzone
- We now tell you how far away you are from your teammates while in a match
- Fix for the gas mask animation interrupting and blocking players from deploying their parachute
- Various exploit fixes
- Fix for a bug where players were unable to revive teammates after getting interrupted during the initial revive animation
- Fixed a bug where players could be killed by vehicles without being near the player
- Fixed an issue that could display the incorrect rank on screen after the player’s game application had been suspended and reopened
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone would use the VO lines for a Personal Radar. That VO was also heard by all players on the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players could become invincible if they become downed while switching seats in a Tac Rover
- While spectating a player in the Gulag, the option to redeploy your teammate would appear on screen, even though they cannot be redeployed. This has been fixed
- If a player spectates the winning team of a BR match, the After-Action Report will display the winning team’s score in the scoreboard tab. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where placing a Shield Turret on a teammate could kill them
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t swap out the M13 for any other weapon in the Plunder tutorial
- Fix for players unable to self-revive in Solos
- Increased price of Loadout Drop within the Buy Station to $10,000
- Removed Blood Splatter and Screen Shake when being punched in the Gulag waiting area
- Removed Loss Column from BR Leaderboard and replaced with Top 10s
- Fixed issue with final circles occurring out of bounds or in undesirable areas
- Fixed issue with Armor plates and Killstreaks being unusable under certain conditions
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability