The Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 update patch notes came out of nowhere with some much-requested features. And not only that, it’s also got some avatars from Nintendo’s newest title. So what are these proclaimed features in the newest Switch update?
Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 Update Patch Notes | Button remapping
Much like the PS4, you can now remap your buttons on the Switch. This is useful if your brain often defaults to pressing buttons as if they were in the Xbox layout. You can’t do this on every controller, however, like the SNES controller. This only works on the Joy-Cons, Pro Controller, and Lite. To do this, go to System Settings, Controllers and Sensors, and then Change Button Mapping. You can save up to five favorite maps for each controller (both Joy-Cons get five each).
Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 Update Patch Notes | Data transfer
You can also now transfer data (DLC, updates, and games) between your SD card and your built in storage. Nintendo notes that some save and update data won’t be able to move. This will let you move things around in case you want certain games in one place.
Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 Update Patch Notes | New avatars
Yes, this update also has six new avatars as well. They’re from Animal Crossing — fitting since it just came out just around a month ago.
Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 Update Patch Notes | Other features
This Switch update also lets you bookmark news and you can save up to 300 bookmarks. You don’t even need an internet connection for bookmarked news items (but news posts that are unavailable can’t be read no matter what). The options for displaying and deleting play activity have been moved to the Play Activity setting. There are Also nebulous improvements across the board that Nintendo didn’t detail.
Full Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 update patch notes
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.