At some point this week, the Rainbow Six Siege 1.85 update will go live on consoles and PC. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.85 update patch notes. Stick with us a little longer, however, to read through a selection of the Rainbow Six Siege Y5S1.2 update highlights. Find out everything that is being changed and fixed in the latest update to the online tactical shooter right here.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.85 Update Highlights
As stated above, the 1.85 update is coming to Rainbow Six Siege at some point this week, between April 20-27. It may well be live as you’re reading this. It’s not a massive update, but it does bring with it plenty of balancing changes as well as a small number of bug fixes. As well as the changes and bug fixes, however, is an update: The quick match map pool is the same up until the end of Y5S1 and it will be rotated once again when Y5S2 arrives.
A bunch of balancing changes have been made to a number of different classes in Rainbow Six Siege following the 1.85 update. Goyo, for example, can now only use two Volcan Shields, down from three. Buck now uses Claymores instead of Frag Grenades. Jager is now a 2-speed/2-armor operator. These are just a few of the big changes that have been made to a number of operators in the game. Discover all the changes in the full patch notes below.
Along with the balancing changes, a few bug fixes have been implemented thanks to the new update. The game should no longer boot with DX11 after you manually select the Vulkan executable in the Steam installation folder, for example. Again, look through the patch notes below for all the details.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.85 Update Patch Notes (Y5S1.2)
Check out the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.85 update patch notes below, courtesy of Ubisoft:
Update – the quick match map pool will remain the same throughout Y5S1 and will rotate again in Y5S2.
With you til the end of the line.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymores.
- Increased Skeleton Key Magazine Capacity:
- Skeleton Key magazine capacity increased to 5 + 1
- Skeleton Key max ammo count is now 25+1
Less is more.
- Reduced number of Volcán shields to 2 (down from 3).
Less of a pain-in-the-schnitzel.
- Now a 2-speed/2-armor operator.
Still a shortie.
- Removed Super Shorty secondary.
Lights, Camera, Action!
- Increased number of Candelas to 4 (up from 3).
- Replaced Claymores with Smoke Grenades.
- Increased T-95 LSW damage to 46 (up from 43).
- Added a Razor Holographic Sight option to her M12.
TCSG12 (Kaid, Goyo)
- Added an additional magazine to the TCSG12.
- Reduced TCSG12 damage to 57 (down from 84).
- FIXED – Barricade replication issues where the barricade is not destroyed for all players in game except the shooter.
- FIXED – The Dynamic Play button does not update properly when last match was on an Event/Discovery playlist.
- FIXED – Players can clip inside the excavator in EXT Construction Site of Oregon.
- FIXED – Game boots with DX11 when players manually select the Vulkan executable in the steam installation folder.
- FIXED – Minor menu/shop visual and cosmetic fixes.