Some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) players on PC, PS4, and Xb0x One have been encountering an unfortunate issue preventing them from playing online recently. The CoD: MW 65538 error is a result of server connection issues, but, thankfully, there are several methods you can try in order to get back up and running. Here’s the Modern Warfare error code 65538 fix you need right now.
How do you fix Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error code 65538?
If you’re encountering this invasive online issue in CoD: Modern Warfare on any of the supported platforms, it could be down to a number of factors. We have Modern Warfare QA Tester, Jacob Dixon, to thank for the detailed rundown of potential error code 65538 causes and fixes shared below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare error code 65538 fix
- Your PC, PS4, or Xbox has been disconnected from the internet.
- Navigate to your platform’s network settings menu and attempt to reconnect.
- If you don’t have any luck, reset your internet router and try once more when it fully reboots.
- Your PC, PS4, or Xbox is not set to the correct region or timezone.
- Navigate to your platform’s region and/or time and date settings menu(s) to correct this.
- You do not have the latest Modern Warfare update.
- Close the game completely.
- Ensure that you’re connected to the internet and then attempt to launch CoD: MW — this should trigger an update prompt.
- You have been suspended or banned by Activision.
- If you exhibit poor online etiquette and/or cheat, it’s possible that you’ll get temporarily suspended or permanently banned.
After trying all of the above methods, you should have successfully implemented a working Modern Warfare error code 65538 fix. Unless you’ve been banned, of course, in which case, there’s nothing you can do other than register an appeal with Activision Support if you feel it was unwarranted.