If for whatever reason, you haven’t done so already, in this guide we’ll let you in on the answer to “how do you allow camera access for Snapchat?” Read on to discover how to allow Snapchat camera access on iOS and Android. You’ll find out how to let Snapchat access your camera below if you cannot access your phone’s camera while using the app for whatever reason.
How do you allow camera access for Snapchat?
If your Snapchat app has stopped letting you use your smartphone’s camera, you’ll need to allow camera access for Snapchat again. While the reasons for you losing access are unknown, potentially tied to an update that reset the setting, you’ll need to re-allow access to your camera on Snapchat. Thankfully, it’s easy to allow camera access for Snapchat on both iOS and Android. You can either head to your phone’s settings or your Snapchat settings to allow camera access.
Follow these steps to find out the answer to “how do you allow camera access for Snapchat?” on the app:
- Open Snapchat
- Head to your Profile screen (tap your profile icon)
- Head onto the Settings page (the gear icon)
- Choose ‘Manage’ under ‘Additional Services’ on the Profile Settings page
- Tap ‘Permissions’ and select ‘Camera’ from the list to allow camera access on Snapchat
If this doesn’t work, you’re going to have to go into your phone app settings to allow camera access. Follow these steps to allow camera access on Snapchat through iOS:
- Open Settings
- Choose ‘Privacy’ from the list of options
- Tap on ‘Camera’ in the Privacy options
- Scroll down until you see Snapchat and tap on it to turn camera access on or off
How to allow Snapchat camera access on Android:
- Head to your phone’s settings
- Open ‘Applications’
- Scroll down to find Snapchat and open its settings
- Select ‘Permissions’
- Tap its ‘Camera’ switch to toggle its access on Snapchat on or off