Getting specific villagers, or island residents, as they’re now called, in Nintendo’s AC: New Horizons is mostly down to luck. You’ll start the game with two random pals, then gradually add to their ranks as a random selection of anthropomorphic creatures visit your islands and potentially choose to stay. If you aren’t particularly attached to any of your villagers, you might be surprised to find that they can actually be sold for a lot of Bells. So, here’s how to sell villagers in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch.
How to sell island residents in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Setting the dubious morals aside, flogging villagers in the debut Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch title can be lucrative. Selling residents isn’t an officially supported game feature, however, so you’ll need to do some set up before cashing in.
How to sell villagers in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Ignore the villager that you want to sell.
- After giving them the cold shoulder for long enough, you should notice a thought bubble over their head.
- Speak with them and choose the dialogue option that will convince them to leave.
- Note: There’s more on getting villagers to move out in our dedicated guide.
- The next real-world day will be their last on your island, and this is your sales window.
- Arrange a price with another player, then have them visit your island and give you the Bells.
- The visiting player should then repeatedly talk to the villager, eventually convincing them to move to their island.
As you can see, selling villagers requires finding a real buyer and trusting them to give you the agreed price (it doesn’t have to be Bells). As such, be careful about who you conduct business with.
Now that you’ve followed our step-by-step guide on selling villagers in ACNH, hopefully your pockets are nice and fat.