CoD: Modern Warfare and its standalone battle royale mode, CoD: Warzone, can both fall victim to a number of glitches and errors. One of the more annoying issues that can strike across PC, PS4, and Xbox One is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code Diver. This problem rears its head when a download fails, though, thankfully, there are some simple troubleshooting steps that you can take. Stick with us as we walk you through them and aim to get you back up and running ASAP.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code Diver fix
Whether you’re downloading Modern Warfare, Warzone, or a game update for either title, it’s possible to encounter the annoying “DIVER” error code courtesy of an in-game message. It’ll inform you that the download has failed and prompt you to retry, but that isn’t likely to work without first taking some steps to rectify the issue.
Modern Warfare and Warzone Error Code Diver fix
- Quit out of the game completely.
- Reset your internet router.
- After waiting sufficient time for it to fully reboot, launch the game.
- That should fix the issue, but if not, close the game once more.
- Connect your console or PC to another Wi-Fi network (where possible).
- Connect your console or PC to a mobile data hotspot.
- Note: Be mindful of any charges this may incur.
- Launch the game under your new connection.
After performing the above steps, you should have provided a stable connection for the download to be completed. Feel free to revert back to your initial network settings once it’s done, then get back to playing CoD: MW and/or Warzone as normal.
If you’re still struggling with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code Diver after completing every step, consider contacting Activision Support.