The Overwatch 2.89 update patch notes came out of nowhere during its current Anniversary event. The Overwatch patch today fixes a handful of annoying bugs as well as add some odd changes to the Experiemental card.
Overwatch 2.89 Update Patch Notes | Bug fixes
Bug fixes aren’t exciting but they are worth skimming. These mostly have to do with certain cosmetics glitching out like skins, victories, or emotes. Ashe, Bastion, Baptiste, and Orisa are the four heroes.
Overwatch 2.89 Update Patch Notes | Experimental mode
There are also some changes in just the game’s Experimental mode. These are quite big. Genji got a few buffs. His Deflect now lasts for two seconds (up from 1.5) and he can now manually cancel it. His shurikens also do two more damage points and his secondary fire spread has been slightly reduced.
Echo’s Focus Beam now only works at 16 meters and not 20. Hanzo’s rapid fire Storm Arrows now do 70 damage instead of 60. And Moira’s damage beam does 40 damage instead of 50 and her healing beam now heals 70 health per second instead of 65. Essentially, they are making her more and more of a healer with each change. Again, remember that these are not final and aren’t guaranteed to be in the final game. These changes usually take a few weeks to be fully implemented if at all.
Full Overwatch 2.89 update patch notes
- [PC-Only] Fixed a stability issue for users with Nvidia SLI or AMD Crossfire configurations
- Fixed a Custom Game loading issue for Mei’s Snowball Offensive game mode
- Fixed an issue with the Anniversary loot box screen camera focusing on the Anniversary lobby background resulting in loot box content confusion
- Fixed a bug with the Little Red Ashe skin animating incorrectly when canceling out of the Take a Knee emote
- Fixed a bug with Baptiste’s Immortality Field disc displaying too large during his highlight intro preview pose
- Fixed a bug where the kill feed could display an Echo clone’s death without it actually being destroyed
- Fixed a bug where Orisa’s Halt! ability would leave a fire effect on the ground if using the Demon skin
Full Overwatch 2.89 update patch notes (Experimental)
- Range reduced from 20m to 16m
- Damage increased from 28 to 30
- Spread reduced from 12 to 9
- Duration increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds
- Deflect can now be cancelled manually
- Damage increased from 60 to 70
- Healing per second increased from 65 to 70
- Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40