Riot Games’ free-to-play FPS Valorant is finally out of closed beta and available to all. As with most new releases, however, a launch can bring numerous issues along with it. One such problem is the Valorant “Purchase Failed” error that’s preventing players from buying Valorant Points. If you’re having trouble spending on microtransactions via the in-game shop, hopefully, this guide can be of service.
Valorant ‘Purchase Failed’ Error | How to get Valorant Points
Valorant is a free-to-play game supported by microtransactions. There’s already a range of cosmetic skins on offer for players to strut their stuff in, but, currently, the game’s making it difficult to do so. When attempting to complete a transaction via the in-game Valorant store, some players are receiving the “Purchase Failed” error message pop-up. The issue most likely lies with Riot Games and will be fixed in due course, though there are a few troubleshooting steps to attempt.
Demand for Valorant is currently high, which has led to several server issues. These don’t just affect gameplay, but can also impact secondary features like the storefront. With the store being the developers’ main source of income, you can bet they’re already working to address the problem. In the meantime, you can keep playing the game without making any purchases. If you really must have a specific skin, however, you can try these potential fixes.
Valorant ‘Purchase Failed’ Error | Shop glitch fix
- Close the Valorant client completely.
- Relaunch the game and attempt to make a purchase.
- If you still get the error, close the application once more.
- Reboot your internet router.
- After waiting for the router to fully reboot, launch the game and try again.
- Still no luck? You might want to try connecting via another Wi-Fi or mobile data network.
- If nothing works, then the issue isn’t to do with your connection and is a problem on Riot Games’ end.
If you’re still encountering issues, wait a while before trying again. Should you come back to the game and the problem persists, consider contacting Valorant support.