Roblox is a creative game that’s fun for all ages. As such, the developers have implemented a safe chat feature that restricts online interactions for young players. If a child is responsible enough for unrestricted online chat access, is there a way to disable safe chat mode? Stick with us as we cover how to turn off safe chat in Roblox for PC, Xbox One, iOS, Android, and all other supported platforms.
How do you turn off safe chat mode in Roblox?
If the date of birth tied to a Roblox account indicates that the user is under 13, then that user will automatically have safe chat enabled. Once safe chat mode is enabled on a Roblox account, it will remain active until the user reaches 13+. At this stage, safe chat should automatically be disabled. If it isn’t, you can contact Roblox support.
If you are 13+ and entered your age incorrectly during account creation, you can make a new account using the correct information. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change the date of birth on an under 13 account.
Alternatively, parents can make an adult Roblox account in their name and configure the parental controls to best suit their child. This can be done via the in-game settings menu once account creation is complete, and can be as strict or relaxed as desired.
How to turn off safe chat in Roblox
- If the Roblox account is register to a user under 13 years old, safe chat cannot be disabled.
- If the user has since turned 13+ and safe chat mode is still on, contact Roblox support.
- Should you have entered the incorrect age during account creation, you’ll need to make a new account.
- It’s not possible to change the date of birth registered to under 13 accounts.
- A parent can make and manage an unrestricted Roblox account for any children under 13.