With the new Clash of Clans summer 2020 update live now, plenty has been added, changed, and fixed in the game. You’ll find the full list of the Clash of Clans summer update 2020 patch notes below. Before you reach the complete list of patch notes, however, you’ll notice a selection of the Clash of Clans summer 2020 update highlights to read through, hopefully giving a quick fix of the most important changes and additions that have been applied in the new update.
Clash of Clans Summer Update 2020 highlights
There are a few new additions to Clash of Clans thanks to its summer 2020 update. This includes a new Troop, new Super Troops, and new Upgrade Levels. Alongside the new additions to the game, too, is a list of game changes and fixes that should make for a better experience. The new update is definitely worth a download if you’re looking to get back into the game.
New Troop (The Headhunter)
The new Troop is The Headhunter. The Headhunter is a Dark Elixir Troop, which you can add to your ranks once you have reached Town Hall 12. This poisonous assassin can hop over walls and deals 4x damage to Heroes. She deals poison damage to enemy Heroes and Troops, too. With a movement speed of 24 and an attack range of three tiles, The Headhunter is a Troop you’ll want to employ.
New Super Troops (Inferno Dragon and Super Witch)
You can now temporarily employ the Inferno Dragon and Super Witch Super Troops in your Clash of Clans army. It’ll cost you 60,000 Dark Elixir to upgrade to an Inferno Dragon and Super Witch. The Super Witch summons a Big Boy (a giant Skeleton), whereas the Inferno Dragon will fire off a continuous beam that gets stronger over time.
Other Fixes and Changes
New Upgrade Levels have been introduced for a bunch of different units and buildings. For example, the Cannon can now reach level 19, with a 16 day upgrade time and 16 million Gold upgrade cost. You’ll find plenty of general fixes and changes in the full list of patch notes below.
Clash of Clans summer update 2020 patch notes
Read through the complete list of Clash of Clans summer update 2020 patch notes below, courtesy of Supercell:
New Troop: The Headhunter
- Just when your Heroes thought they were the masters of the battlefield, the Headhunter is here to teach them a lesson! The Headhunter is a brand new Dark Elixir Troop, available at Town Hall 12. This sinister unit is cloaked in a shroud of poisons of her own making with Heroes being her favorite target to test out her assassination skills. Heroes of the village may just tremble in fear when the Headhunter is loosed on the battlefield.
- Type: Ground Troop
- Housing Space: 6
- Movement Speed: 24
- Range: 3 tiles
- Jumps over walls
- Targets: Ground & Air
- Damage Type: Single Target
- Favorite Target: Heroes
- Deals 4x damage against Heroes
- Adds Poison Spell effect when dealing damage to Heroes or Troops
New Super Troops: Inferno Dragon and Super Witch
- Two new Super Troops have arrived to reinforce your army! Like other Super Troops, these powered-up versions of normal Troops can be temporarily upgraded in the Super Troops building next to your village. Super Troops offer a new twist by adding unique abilities, allowing you to create all kinds of new and crazy strategies!
- Type: Air Troop
- Housing Space: 15
- Range: 4 tiles
- Special Ability: Fires continuous beam that increases in damage over time
- Upgrade Cost: 60K Dark Elixir
- Type: Ground Troop
- Housing Space: 40
- Range: 4 tiles
- Special ability: Summons Big Boy, a single giant Skeleton
- Upgrade Cost: 60K Dark Elixir
New Upgrade Levels
- It wouldn’t be a content update without more upgrades, right? We’ve added some additional levels to Buildings, Traps, Troops, Spells, and Heroes.
Traps & Walls
- 1x additional Spring Trap available at TH13
- 50x additional Wall segments can be upgraded to Level 14
Game Changes & QoL Improvements
- We’ve made a ton of quality of life improvements and balance changes to the game this update.
- Players can now further customize their Village with new scenery! You can switch scenery by tapping on your Town Hall and then select the new “Change Scenery” button.
Custom Friendly Challenge Armies
- Attacking in Friendly Challenges and Friendly Wars now happens with a specific Friendly Army which can be configured before your attack and costs no resources or time to train.
Improved Town Hall Upgrade Experience
- Upgrading your Town Hall will trigger various limited-time boosts and benefits. The boosts and benefits increase in their availability and duration as you progress through the game into higher Town Hall levels.
- Power Boost: Starting from Town Hall 4, your Troops and Spells are temporarily boosted to the maximum level allowed by your Laboratory for a limited time.
- Resource Boost: Starting from Town Hall 4, your Resource Collectors are temporarily boosted to work at double their normal rate.
- Star Bonus Boost: Starting from Town Hall 4, your Star Bonus rewards from Multiplayer battles are temporarily boosted to 4x.
- Hero Boost: Starting from Town Hall 8, your Heroes are temporarily boosted by +5 levels.
Home Village Balance Changes
- Reduce level 7-9 Golem training cost from 600/700/800 to 575/650/725.
- Reduce healing time of all Heroes (new max healing time is down from 49 to 40 minutes)
- Loot Cart now accumulates loot over time for up to 90 days and its capacity for resources generated from inactivity has been increased across Town Hall levels. New maximum capacity for resources generated from inactivity are:
- Town Hall 1: 5000 Gold/Elixir, 0 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 2: 25000 Gold/Elixir, 0 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 3: 150000 Gold/Elixir, 0 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 4: 1000000 Gold/Elixir, 0 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 5: 4000000 Gold/Elixir, 0 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 6: 6000000 Gold/Elixir, 0 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 7: 8000000 Gold/Elixir, 80000 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 8: 10000000 Gold/Elixir, 100000 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 9: 11500000 Gold/Elixir, 115000 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 10: 13000000 Gold/Elixir, 130000 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 11: 14000000 Gold/Elixir, 140000 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 12: 15000000 Gold/Elixir, 150000 Dark Elixir
- Town Hall 13: 16000000 Gold/Elixir, 160000 Dark Elixir
- The maximum storage capacity for returned resources stolen in attacks has been increased on higher levels:
- Town Hall 11:
- Max. gold/elixir: 2M → 2.2M
- Max. dark elixir: 4k → 4.4k
- Town Hall 12:
- Max. gold/elixir: 2M → 2.4M
- Max. dark elixir: 4k → 4.8k
- Town Hall 13:
- Max. gold/elixir: 2M → 2.6M
- Max. dark elixir: 4k → 5.2k
- Town Hall 11:
Builder Base Balance Changes
- Reduce Crusher splash radius from 3.5 tiles to 2.8 tiles, now it doesn’t so easily cause damage to units which are out of range.
- Increase DPS of Battle Machine level 21-30
- Spring trap spring capacities increased from 5/10/15/20 to 8/12/16/20.
- Level 1-2 Push trap spring capacities increased from 5/7 to 6/8.
- Raged Barbarian spring weight increased from 1 to 2.
- Sneaky Archer spring weight increased from 1 to 2.
- Boxer Giant spring weight increased from 5 to 8.
- Bomber spring weight increased from 2 to 4.
- Cannon Cart spring weight increased from 5 to 8.
Additional Game Changes
- Improved experience for returning players!
- When saving donation requests the game also now includes Troops, Spells or Siege Machines that are already in the Clan Castle.
- Season Challenges’ Troop-based tasks have been rebalanced in order to be able to be completed with Clan Castle reinforcements from Town Hall 9 and up.
- Grand Warden AI improved to follow the group more effectively and be less prone to drifting away while in Air Mode.
- Removed Air Mines from traveling across the map if their original target is destroyed after triggering the trap but before the trap is activated. Max distance for Air Mine’s target selection is now 2x the trigger radius of the trap.
- Troops exiting Jump Spell should not retarget in order to prevent Troops from getting stuck in Jump Spell.
- Scattershot defense can now run out of ammunition, similar to X-Bow and Inferno Tower.
- Scattershot attack speed reduced from 3 seconds to 3.036 seconds.
- Wall Wrecker pathing has been improved.
- Prevent opening of war screen during CWL if you’re not at least Elder or included in the roster for all League levels.
- “Time Left” info added to Builder Base Friendly Challenge Clan Chat entries.
- “Time Left” info to shared Builder Base replays
- Allow Quick Donation of any normal versions of Troops even when the Super Troop version is enabled.
- Added “Active Creator Boost” popup in the shop.
- Show the number of unseen offers in treasure tab and in offer tab in shop
- Add sound effect when toggling Grand Warden to air or ground mode in home village
- Hero Potion glow in the attack confirmation screen is now correctly animated.
- The Shop UI will close after purchasing Legend League Shield to avoid failed Shield purchases when buying them too quickly.
- Replay buttons of the last Builder Base Friendly Challenge are correctly visible in the Clan Chat.
- Removed ability to scout opposing Clan’s bases in the Clan War League during preparation day.
- Minor visual fixes to Electro Dragon Chain Lightning.
- Fixed the possibility of including the wrong Clan member(s) in a war, if a new member with high trophy count joins the Clan during the member selection process.
- Fixed in-game Shop UI to be correct and fully interactive on devices with a notch.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash if someone had the attack confirmation screen open and another player attacked the same target.