A new Apex Legends patch is on its way to Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4. Released just earlier today, July 16, 2020, the newest client update goes after a few smaller issues as well as two more concerning bugs and exploits. This update also provides a few optimizations for game logic and data center placement. Keep reading for all the newest Apex Legends patch notes and update highlights.
Apex Legends July 16 Client Update Patch Notes
The July 16 update to Apex Legends is fairly small. It mainly addresses a few minor bugs, such as one that fixes text overflow on the stats page. However, it does include a couple of fixes for larger bugs or exploits.
Following this patch, players will no longer encounter the exploit that allows the HAVOC to fire in full-auto without charging. This patch also addresses a problem where Care Packages could become inaccessible after clipping through stages.
Some players may find that their Season 1 stats have been removed. Don’t worry, this situation should only be temporary. On the plus side, this update changes how players are assigned to data centers. Moving forward, they should find themselves placed more optimally.
Ready for the full scoop? Here are the full patch notes for the Apex Legends July 16 client update provided by the team at Electronic Arts.
- Fixed an issue where Lifeline’s O.C.’s Shock Finisher preview video did not play when viewed from the menu.
- Fixed an issue with text overflow on the stats page.
- Fixed some issues with game logic, client, and script errors that previously led to crashes.
- Fixed cases of players being set in non-optimal data centers.
- Season 1 stats have been temporarily removed as we work on some issues with them.
- Fixed a bug where players would unlock the Battle Pass level 94 reward (Octane’s loading screen) before they should.
- Fixed an exploit where the HAVOC could fire full-auto without charging up.
- Fixed some cases of the Care Package clipping through map geometry.