Ghost of Tsushima is a great game, and it’s about to get even better with the release of patch 1.05! Scheduled to drop later today (Monday, July 27), here are the Ghost of Tsushima update 1.05 patch notes ahead of time. Keep scrolling for all of the details surrounding a new difficulty mode, plus accessibility changes to combat and in-game text.
Ghost of Tsushima 1.05 Patch Notes | Update today, July 27
Developer Sucker Punch has revealed the full Ghost of Tsushima update 1.05 patch notes ahead of the download becoming available later today. The highlight looks to be a more challenging difficulty level by the name of “Lethal” which makes both protagonist Jin Sakai and his enemies more deadly. On the flip side, the new lower intensity combat mode makes enemies less deadly by allowing players more time to react during stealth and swordplay.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes | Lethal difficulty level
Sucker Punch has listed some key differences that playing on Lethal entails:
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly.
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat.
- Enemies detect you faster during stealth.
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows.
It appears that the feudal Japanese samurai simulator is set to get more difficult across the board. At least Jin’s katana is getting a buff, which should help.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes | Low intensity mode
Featured in the accessibility menu rather than being a difficulty setting of its own, the new option aims to “maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements.” That means that swordfights are “less intense” and sneaking scenarios are “more forgiving” for those that need (or want) it.
- Most unblockable enemy attacks become blockable.
- Blocking with L1 keeps you safe from more attacks than usual, though some must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks.
- Your heavy attacks interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal.
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes | In-game text changes
New accessibility options are also coming for in-game text:
- Large Text option increases the size of subtitles, mission objectives, and interact prompts by 150%.
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled.
- New subtitle text color options.
As noted in the official Ghost of Tsushima update 1.05 patch notes, there are also “additional bug fixes” that aren’t specifically detailed.