Looking to learn the Grounded best base locations? Then you’re in the right place! Grounded became a surprise hit thanks largely to its availability on Xbox Game Pass for PC and Xbox One. With players swarming the survival game like hungry ants, here are some tips on where to build your home. Keep scrolling to learn how to avoid getting lost in the dark and/or attacked by bugs while resting.
Grounded Best Base Locations | Where to build your hideout
The best Grounded base locations are positioned up high and close to recognizable landmarks. By building in an elevated position bugs won’t attack you or your crafted items. Building your base close to a recognizable monument will make getting back much, much easier than having no landmarks to navigate by.
Another good idea is to build your home base close to the center of the map, which means you’ll never need to embark on dangerous treks from one side of the garden to the other. You’re far less likely to get stuck out in the dark on long journeys, which helps to keep items safely on your person instead of on the ground following death.
So long as you stick to these general tips, it’s safe to experiment with where you place your base. That said, having a lot of floor space also helps; while you might be fine on a small tree stump at the beginning, expansion could be a challenge later on. If there’s higher ground nearby — a second tree stump, for example — it’s worth noting that you can build a bridge and expand that way. You’ll need to learn the relevant crafting recipes first, however.
Grounded Best Base Locations | Where to build your home
- Build in an elevated position to avoid any danger posed by enemies.
- Locate your base close to a recognizable landmark to help with navigating back.
- Position your home close to the middle of the map:
- Objectives will be placed at more equal distances.
- You can avoid long treks and getting stuck out in the dark.
- Give yourself lots of floor space and/or build close enough to another elevated landmass to accommodate a bridge.