- Feel free to change classes at your leisure. Unlike other MMOs, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is a game in which you can easily change your character on the fly.
- Levequests are a great way to gain experience, as they can be repeated.
- Hold on to lower level quests in case you change classes and need to level up quickly. Otherwise you'll be forced to grind in less efficient ways, such as participating in FATEs (essentially public quests).
- Always head to an inn before you log off. You get a nice little experience boost while you rest at the inn.
- Crafting classes are a great way to make items that can be sold for gil. You can also farm for crafting materials, which can be sold for other crafters to purchase.
- Feel free to rebind keys to your liking. If you're going to spending hours upon hours with a MMO, it's best to get comfortable.
- Don't worry about holding on to too much gear, as the armory chest takes care of that problem. Only potions and other important materials actually make it to the inventory.
- Definitely consider working towards a specialized class (job), as they have very useful/powerful abilities. It means you'll have to level up multiple classes, but it'll be worth it.
|A Realm Restored||Obtain all available FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn trophies||Platinum|
|To Crush Your Enemy||Defeat your first enemy.||Bronze|
|To Crush 10,000 Enemies||Defeat 10,000 enemies.||Silver|
|Page One||Complete your first quest.||Bronze|
|Warrior of Light||Complete the main scenario.||Gold|
|An Adventurer's Diary||Complete your first levequest.||Bronze|
|An Adventurer's Life||Complete 1,000 levequests.||Silver|
|For Glory||Complete your first guildhest.||Bronze|
|For the Realm||Complete 100 guildhests.||Silver|
|Meddler in Materia||Successfully affix materia to an item.||Bronze|
|Master of Materia||Successfully affix 100 materia.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Carpentry||Synthesize an item as a carpenter.||Bronze|
|One with Wood||Synthesize 1,000 items as a carpenter.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Smithing||Synthesize an item as a blacksmith.||Bronze|
|One with Steel||Synthesize 1,000 items as a blacksmith.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Armorcraft||Synthesize an item as an armorer.||Bronze|
|One with Mail||Synthesize 1,000 items as an armorer.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Goldsmithing||Synthesize an item as a goldsmith.||Bronze|
|One with Gold||Synthesize 1,000 items as a goldsmith.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Tanning||Synthesize an item as a leatherworker.||Bronze|
|One with Leather||Synthesize 1,000 items as a leatherworker.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Clothcraft||Synthesize an item as a weaver.||Bronze|
|One with Wool||Synthesize 1,000 items as a weaver.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Alchemy||Synthesize an item as an alchemist.||Bronze|
|One with Ether||Synthesize 1,000 items as an alchemist.||Silver|
|Dabbler in Cooking||Synthesize an item as a culinarian.||Bronze|
|One with Food||Synthesize 1,000 items as a culinarian.||Silver|
|Swing of the Axe||Mine a mineral deposit.||Bronze|
|Veteran Miner||Mine 1,000 mineral deposits.||Silver|
|Swing of the Hatchet||Log at a mature tree.||Bronze|
|Veteran Logger||Log at 1,000 mature trees.||Silver|
|Swing of the Rod||Fish with your own rod and bait.||Bronze|
|Veteran Fisher||Fish 1,000 times.||Silver|
|In and Out||Clear your first instanced raid.||Bronze|
|Repeat Offender||Clear 100 instanced raids.||Gold|
|Seeker of Truth||Clear the Binding Coil.||Bronze|
|Slay Thy Neighbor||Participate in PvP.||Bronze|
|Destiny's Child||Join a FATE.||Bronze|
|Destiny's||Complete 1,000 FATEs.||Gold|