The brand-new No Man’s Sky 2.62 update is available to download and install right now across PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of No Man’s Sky 2.62 update patch notes. Before that, though, there’s a number of No Man’s Sky version 2.62 update highlights to read through for a quick fix of what’s being added, changed, and fixed.
No Man’s Sky 2.62 Update Highlights
Following the spooky Desolation update, Hello Games has been putting in the work to fix a number of issues that that update brought with it. The 2.62 update isn’t all about fixes, however. A couple of new additions have been made to the game, including new procedural atmospheric fog effects and more.
As stated above, new procedural atmospheric fog effects have been added to No Man’s Sky. You’ll find the fancy new fog within derelict freighters. Now the game should be a little more atmospheric.
To go along with the scary theme, new base building parts have been added to the game, too. The new base building parts are based on derelict freighter decorations. You can find the new base building parts by discovering blueprints in salvage crates within derelict freighters.
Fixes & Changes
Plenty of fixes and changes have been made to No Man’s Sky with the 2.62 update. Planetary creatures, for example, should now spawn correctly, following fixes to a variety of small bugs. In a big fix, too, derelict freighters should no longer spawn unpassable corridors. In a change, the Nexus exploration mission has been expanded to include flora and minerals. Discover below what else has been fixed and changed in the game.
There are loads of fixes in the full list of patch notes, which you can read through below, courtesy of Hello Games.
No Man’s Sky 2.62 Update Patch Notes
- A range of new base building parts have been added. These are based upon the decoration inside derelict freighters. The blueprints can be acquired by searching salvage crates found inside derelict freighters.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a unpassable corridor to be generated in certain derelict freighters.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause planetary creatures to fail to spawn.
- Fixed an issue that could cause particle effects to stop playing.
- Expanded the Nexus exploration mission to also include flora and minerals.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent other people’s discoveries from advancing multiplayer exploration missions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Chef title from unlocking after impressing Cronus.
- Reduced the priority of the Emergency Broadcast Detector and Salvage Opportunity hints so that they do not block other mission messages.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause the Anomaly Detector and Emergency Broadcast Detector to perpetually fail to locate an object, blocking progress.
- Added procedural atmospheric fog effects to the interior of derelict freighters.
- Fixed an issue that caused a soft light to follow the player into caves and other dark spaces.
- Fixed a number of small visual artifacts in the lighting system.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with the intensity of starship trails and engine glow.
- Fixed an issue that caused a number of lighting issues for metallic surfaces.
- Fixed a number of issues that could occur when declining or accepting a group invite.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hit indicator to flash incorrectly for some ship and Multi-Tool modes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause inappropriate items to appear in the artifact crates at the heart of buried ruins.
- Introduced a number of small optimisations.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when calculating creature navigation paths.
- Fixed an issue with abandoned Space Stations that prevented players from landing, and could cause a crash when deploying system authority starships.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while saving.
- Fixed a number of issues that could cause the game to crash during loading.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive during loading.
- Fixed an issue that could cause very large save games to crash during load.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during procedural generation of a derelict freighter.