Apex Legends Update 1.43 Patch Notes (Season 6) | Today, August 18
Apex Legends update 1.43 (A.K.A. the Season 6 patch) introduces a ton of new content. There’s a new playable Legend called Rampart, several map changes, the new Volt SMG, a crafting system, and more. After months of teasing from Respawn Entertainment and EA, we finally know what’s included in one of Apex Legends‘ biggest updates yet.
Apex Legends Update 1.43 Patch Notes | Season 6 changes and new content
- New playable Legend, Rampart.
- New Volt energy SMG weapon.
- Crafting system.
- Multiple changes to the World’s Edge map.
- “Boosted” Battle Pass.
- New Ranked Season.
In order to take advantage of the new crafting system, you’ll need to collect materials from around the map that are used to build new equipment. Get a more in-depth look at crafting here.
As for the improved Apex Legends Season 6 Battle Pass, it’s said to feature 100+ exclusive items. These include Legendary skins, Apex Packs, new Holo-Sprays, and more.
Undoubtedly the biggest new addition is Rampart, however. The “Quick-witted Modder” is a defensive powerhouse that can plant cover and even a turret emplacement as her ultimate.
Apex Legends Season 6 | Rampart abilities list
- Tactical Ability
- Amped Cover — Deploy a crouch-cover wall that emits a full-cover shield, capable of blocking incoming shots and amplifying outgoing shots.
- Passive Ability
- Modded Loader — LMGs and Rampart’s Minigun have increased magazine capacity and faster reloads.
- Ultimate Ability
- Emplaced Minigun “Sheila” —Place a stationary mounted machine gun that anyone can use.
By the looks of it, Rampart will be a real asset in team fight situations. That’ll make her a strong pick when you jump into Season 6; just keep in mind that other players will likely have the same idea.