Surprise! The Fall Guys 1.06 Update patch notes have arrived, bringing many much-needed fixes to the game and some improvements across the board. This new Fall Guys hotfix makes some changes to Team games, improves Jump Showdown, and addresses some of the game’s most frequent and serious crashes that have been affecting players — let’s jump right in and explore what’s new!
Fall Guys 1.06 Update Patch Notes | Patch Highlights
The Fall Guys 1.06 Update patch notes start off strong by fixing one of the game’s biggest annoyances: team games. Previously, it was possible to end up in a team game with uneven teams. As you know, even one extra player on your team could prove a serious advantage. Now, team games will only be selected if all teams can have the same number of players.
A couple of UI and control fixes have also been made. PS4 players now have controller options to adjust their sensitivity and invert the X and Y axes. The UI’s performance has also been improved on non-PS4 Pro consoles. On the PC side of things, Japanese players can now rebind the jump button to a key other than the space bar. (This might seem strange, but the space bar is critical for typing in Japanese on computers, and it may have caused a measure of confusion or difficulty for players in that region.)
Some levels are getting fixes, too. The Fall Guys 1.06 Update patch notes mention that players can no longer grab obstacles in Slime Climb. Jump Showdown has had its camera auto-panning fixed and the level’s geometry has been changed to prevent an exploit.
Finally (and most importantly), a move speed nerf on the Yellow Team has been removed, finally giving them a chance at winning a game. Well, not really — this is definitely a joke from Mediatonic that continues the memetic Yellow team hatred. (They probably still won’t win, though.)
These are just some of the changes that have been made today — read on for the full Fall Guys 1.06 Update patch notes!
Fall Guys 1.06 Update Patch Notes | Full List
- Tweaked round selection algorithm to select a Team game only if the team sizes can be equal
- [PS4 only] Added Controller options, including Invert X/Y axis and sensitivity settings
- Slime Climb: players can no longer grab some of the moving obstacles
- Jump Showdown: changed geometry to prevent a gameplay exploit
- Jump Showdown: fixed camera auto-panning
- Improved in-game Store purchase dialog to avoid accidentally selections
- Addressed the top 5 most frequent crashes
- Visual fixes to some of the outfits
- [PS4 Only] Improved UI performance on non-Pro PS4 models
- Added option to change the Jump button binding for Japan
- Trophy/Achievement names and descriptions are now correctly displayed in all supported languages
- Removed move speed nerf from Yellow Team (Don’t post this one)