The Outer Worlds 1.05 update patch notes are the sign of a new era for Obsidian’s excellent RPG. This update is quite large — over 15 GB on PS4 alone — but it brings a whole new world into the game in the form of the Peril on Gorgon DLC. This is a paid expansion, but this update sets up the soon-to-be-released DLC. But is there anything else in this update?
The Outer Worlds 1.05 Update Patch Notes | Peril on Gorgon
While the DLC is not out until September 9 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC (it’s coming to the Switch at a later date), this update adds support for Peril on Gorgon, the game’s first expansion. It will be $15 (10% off for Game Pass subscribers) and is part of the $25 season pass. This adds a new asteroid to the game with its own mysterious story, side missions, and weapons. You can read our review of the DLC here.
This also comes with a whole suite of new trophies and achievements for the DLC. Just be careful reading them since they are full of spoilers!
The Outer Worlds 1.05 Update Patch Notes | Bug fixes and UI changes
There are also a handful of bug fixes in this update. They’re quite specific and you can read more about them below.
However this patch also added a few UI changes that should help players. Vendors now have better messaging to the player for when they don’t have enough cash. The UI is also better at message save compatibility. It’s all pretty small stuff but worth it to have.
Full The Outer Worlds 1.05 update patch notes
- Necessary files to The Outer Worlds, Peril on Gorgon have been added.
- Fixed an issue where unique items wouldn’t be for sale if the player visited the vendor before reaching a certain level
- Fixed electric fence states not always persisting when saving and loading
- Fixed the “Confidence” Perk persisting incorrectly when using certain weapons
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could soft-lock when reactivating Devil’s Peak Station
- Fixed an issue where the Robophobia Flaw could persist even when no automechanicals were present
- Fixed an issue where the player could get trapped in an endless interrogation with certain automechanicals
- Added better messaging to the Vendor screen for when the player has insufficient bits
- Added better messaging for save compatibility on the Load Save menu
- Fixed an issue with windows incorrectly persisting when the user disconnected a controller
- Fixed an occasional display issue on the Reputation screen
- Corrected the controller mapping screen when controls are set to “Lefty”
- Fixed certain types of Armor Mods being mislabeled on the Workbench screen
- Adjusted backgrounds of Quest screen to improve text readability
- Added a description for the “Combat Only” reticle option
- Fixed a typo in the description of the “Steady Hand” buff
- Fixed an issue where inputs could stop working after opening the ledger from the pause menu