Is there Genshin Impact controller support on iOS and Android? The Chinese-developed action RPG open-world free-to-play game is out now on Android devices as well as iPhones and iPads, but can players use gamepads to play the game, or is it touchscreen controls only? Read on to find out if there is Android and iPhone controller support. Discover below if Genshin Impact can be played on iPad with a controller or not.
Can you use controllers on Genshin Impact on smartphones?
Genshin Impact controller support on Android and iOS would help players out in the game, dual-stick camera controls, at least, is a must. As many phone users will know, playing 3D action games on a touchscreen isn’t as intuitive as using a controller. It would certainly help to be able to use a PS4 or Xbox One controller (other gamepads exist) on Genshin Impact on mobile.
Sadly, there is currently no official controller support on Genshin Impact for either Android or iOS. This means that a controller cannot be used to play the action RPG on smart devices. Hopefully, miHoYo adds controller support into both the Android and iOS versions of the game in a future update.
Genshin Impact Android controller support
- At launch, there is no official controller support.
- There are no settings or options for controllers in-game.
- Controller support could be added into Genshin Impact on Android via an update.
- Try and use third-party controller apps such as Octopus, but you do so at your own risk.
Genshin Impact iOS controller support
- There is no native controller support on either iPhone or iPad version of the game
- There are no options or settings for controllers in-game
- miHoYo could add Genshin Impact controller support to iPhone and iPad via an update
For now, a controller cannot be used in Genshin Impact on either Android or iOS. With controller support readily available on PC and PS4 (coming to Switch soon, too), however, it could only be a matter of time before we’re playing the game on our smart-devices with a gamepad. Find out if the game is releasing on Xbox One here.