The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Halloween update has arrived, bringing a host of changes that transform the island into a spooky hellscape. Fortunately, there is also candy to keep spirits high. Candy is used as a trade item with Jack and villagers on Halloween (October 31), so players will want to get stocked up. Thankfully, there’s a way to get unlimited candy in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Infinite sweets for everyone!
How to get infinite candy in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Without the infinite candy method, players can only get a maximum of 31 candies. This is done by visiting the Nook’s Cranny store and buying a candy each day in October. If players miss a day, then they will miss out on a candy and potential item from Pumpkin Jack!
The following two methods will get players unlimited candy in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. One requires time travel while the other does not:
Get unlimited candy with time travel
- Load up the game with the date set to sometime in October.
- Go to the Nook’s Cranny store and purchase a single candy.
- Save the game and quit.
- Change the Nintendo Switch date to another date in October.
- Go to the Nook’s Cranny store and buy another candy.
- You can do this an infinite number of times.
Get infinite candy without time travel
- Have a friend open their island for you to visit.
- Go to their island and buy candy from their Nook’s Cranny store.
- Head back home to your island.
- Go back to that same friend’s island and buy another candy.
- You can do this an unlimited number of times to get as much candy as you want.
How much candy do I need in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Done without time travel and by sticking to your own island, it’s only possible to get 31 pieces of candy leading up to the Halloween event. However, some players may feel that they don’t have enough to get all items from Jack.
For Jack’s items, you’ll need six candy to get items from him.
However, you will also need to give candy to villagers in order to receive lollipops, which allows you to get even more items from Jack.
16 candy is the recommended minimum so that players can give six to Jack and ten to your villagers. However, more will certainly increase the odds of getting the full Spooky Set of items and DIY recipes.
Both of the above infinite candy methods can be used on or before Halloween to ensure players don’t miss out on cool items.
Hardcore Animal Crossing fans will be happy to hear that the limited edition Nintendo Switch is coming to local retailers, giving people another chance to grab the Tom Nook-themed system.
Halloween is just one event happening in-game this holiday season, as Franklin (for Thanksgiving) and Jingle (for Christmas) have both been teased in a new trailer.