Class Guide: Warrior
Weapon and Shield
Experts in this style are still on their feet after punishment that would kill their allies. They use their shield to protect themselves and stagger their enemies.
- Shield Wall: You stand firm and block incoming attacks at the cost of stamina. Each block adds to your guard. You move much more slowly while sustaining this ability.
- Chevalier's Step: When you use Shield Wall, your movement is not slowed as much. You also protect nearby allies by giving them improved armor.
- Payback Strike: You recover from any disabled condition and lash out with a great blow against nearby enemies. If you've recently taken damage, you hit that much harder and stagger your foes.
- Sweet Revenge: You do more damage with payback strike and if you've recently taken damage, you also stun taunted enemies.
- Bear Mauls the Wolves: Using Techniques perfected by Orlesian Chevaliers, you can't be flanked by enemies, and you're less likely to be staggered when hit from the front. Constitution +3 on unlock.
- Warrior's Resolve: You fight all the harder when you're hurting, gaining stamina when you lose health. Constitution +3 on unlock.
- Turn the Bolt: Your expertise with the shield protects you against ranged attacks from the front. Constitution +3 on unlock.
- Shield Bash: Many foes think a shield is just for defense. You correct that mistake with a brutal slam that does bonus damage to an enemy's guard.
- Ring the Bell: You now lunge forward with shield bash, and you do even greater damage to an enemy's guard.
- Lunge and Slash: You lunge forward, then spin with a slashing strike if your first blow connects. You can use this attack to close with opponents.
- Great Lunge: The farther you lunge before striking your target, the more damage you do to them.
- Turn the Blade: Any blow you can see, you can turn aside. All damage coming from the front is reduced. Constitution +3 on unlock.
Experts in this style crush their enemies with massive blows that can break any guard, shatter any armor, and destroy any opponent.
- Block and Slash: You stand ready to deflect the next incoming attack and deliver a punishing counter to your attacker.
- Flawless Defense: Countering an enemy's attack now does bonus damage and adds to your guard.
- Mighty Blow: You deliver a powerful attack that crumples foes, leaving them knocked down for a short time. You do more damage to targets that are already knocked down.
- Easy Target: Mighty Blow costs less stamina and deals increased damage against targets that have been knocked down.
- Flow of Battle: Every critical hit reduces the cooldown times on your abilities, giving you the edget o finish off your enemy. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Shield Breaker: Your critical hits crack armor and rend shields, sundering your enemy's armor for a short time. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Pommel Strike: You lash out with a fast strike that briefly stuns your target.
- Lightning Jab: Pommel Strike hits harder and faster.
- Whirlwind: You spin with your weapon outstretched, cutting through any enemies in your path.
- Rising Winds: Whirlwind becomes more effective the longer you sustain it.
- Guard Smasher: You've learned how to batter though your enemy's defenses, doing more damage to their guard with every hit. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Clear a Path: Hitting multiple targets with a single swing of your weapon restores your stamina for each extra target. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Earthshaking Strike: Your great blow tears open the ground with a shockwave that batters enemies caught in its path.
- Shattered Ground: Flames erupt from the fissure left by Earthshaking Strike, damaging enemies that cross it.
These cunning warriors control the battlefield and everyone on it. They bolster their allies, hamper their enemies, and take advantage of any sign of weakness.
- Grappling Chain: With a hooked chain and a lot of muscle, you drag your target into arm's reach.
- Give Them the Boot: After grappling chain drags an opponent to you, you stun them with a hard kick.
- Crippling Blows: You know how to take the fight out of your foes. Your critical hits leave enemies weakened. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Hamstring: When you attack a target from behind, you leave them slowed. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Coup de Grace: You deal more damage against enemies that are stunned or knocked down. Better them than you. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Combat Roll: You dive and roll to where the battle needs you to be, whether it's escaping from a group or moving to flank an opponent.
- Roll with It: You can now use combat roll to recover from most disabling conditions.
- Deep Reserves: You get your breath back faster than most. When your stamina is very low, it regenerates more quickly. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Horn of Valor: Your war horn's blast rings across the battlefield, giving allies the strength to fight harder.
- That's the Spirit: Your horn's blast calls your allies to even greater glory.
- War Horn: Your war horn's blast puts fear into the hearts of your foes, leaving them panicked.
- Break Their Spirit: War Horn now shatters your enemy's guard, and panicked enemies are too shaken to defend themselves, leaving their armor sundered.
These stalwart warriors protect their allies by making themselves the biggest target on the battlefield. When enemies take the bait, vanguards pick them apart with brutal precision.
- War Cry: You taunt all nearby enemies with a shouted challenge, gaining extra guard for each enemy affected.
- Call to Arms: You draw strength from your War Cry, improving your armor for the coming fight.
- Challenge: Your powerful shout carries across the battlefield, taunting a targeted enemy and improving your guard.
- Throw the Gauntlet: Successfully hitting a target with challenge gets your blood pumping, temporarily increasing your stamina regeneration.
- Untouchable Defense: They can't kill what they can't hit. You get a bonus to your maximum guard. Constitution +3 on unlock.
- Charging Bull: You slam into your enemies, increasing your guard and knocking them down as you break through their lines.
- Gore and Trample: After you finish your charge, your next ability costs no stamina.
- Trust the Steel: You know how to make the most of your equipment, gaining a bonus to armor when you have active guard. Constitution +3 on unlock.
- It'll Cost You: Any foe that attacks you in melee is going to bleed for it, taking a portion of the damage they inflict. Strength +3 on unlock.
- Cutting Words: Your party does more damage to taunted targets as you rattle your enemies' nerves and goad them into mistakes that leave them open.
- Unbowed: You focus on your defensive training, gaining guard for each nearby enemy.
- Still Standing: Unbowed further improves your guard for each nearby enemy, giving you the strength to stay on your feet.
- Bodyguard: You accept blows meant for allies, taking a portion of the damage.
- Not Today: You ignore part of the damage transferred from party members.