PS4 Party Chat is the main way that players keep in touch. While some games have their own lobbies with voice chat enabled, most users use the PlayStation 4 Party Chat to talk with all friends no matter the game. Sadly, it sometimes doesn’t work. Happily, there’s a PS4 Party Chat not working fix.
How to fix PS4 Party Chat not working
After the recent 8.00 update overhauled Party Chat and Messages, players have been complaining about the PS4 Party Chat no longer working, meaning they can’t speak to their friends.
To fix the PS4 Party Chat not working, players should try:
- Check to make sure the PS4 has been updated to the latest software version.
- Go to Settings > System Software Update > Upgrade Now.
- If the system is already running with the latest update installed, there won’t be an “Upgrade Now” message.
- Log out of the account and then log back in.
- Try restarting the PS4. Wait until it has fully loaded up before checking the Party Chat option.
If the above fixes don’t work, the issue is most like on PlayStation’s side. Those having issues with their PS4 can use the PlayStation Network Service Status to monitor which services are running fine and which have problems. PS4 Party Chat problems come under “Gaming and Social.”
Following a significant update to the operating system, it’s normal to wait for up to 24 hours for all services to be running normally. Both Friends List and Party Chat can suffer problems until the services have stabilized.
Those who are still experiencing issues can try contacting PlayStation Support for more information. As this is a common issue, it may take a while before customer support responds.
In next-gen news, details of the PS5’s backwards compatibility support has been revealed. While most PS4 games are supported, there are 10 titles that won’t be playable on PS5.