Fans have been anticipating the Ghost of Tsushima 1.12 update patch notes (aka 1.1) as they promise massive changes. The new Ghost of Tsushima update adds the new “Legends” co-op mode, New Game+, and more. For players looking to team up with friends, or replay the story with their equipment and skills intact, there’s a lot to love about the new patch. The full list of 1.12 patch notes is below.
What are the Ghost of Tsushima 1.12 patch notes?
The Ghost of Tsushima 1.12 update patch notes provide detailed information about the new Legends mode, including breakdowns of the various classes and explanations for the different missions. Single-player updates are also covered, with New Game+ and the Ghost Flower Merchant detailed.
Ghost of Tsushima 1.12 update patch notes:
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends is a brand new, online cooperative multiplayer experience that will be a free update for all Ghost of Tsushima owners. In Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, you can fight side-by-side with your friends, which is such an important part of fulfilling that samurai fantasy in a whole new way. We’re so excited to hear from everyone who teams up with their friends and jumps in.
Speaking to Gyozen will give you access to the Ghost of Tsushima: Legends lobby, but you can also get there directly from the title menu or the pause menu or by accepting a PSN invitation from a friend!
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Classes
- Samurai players can run straight toward combat and stay there, sustaining their health while chopping enemies down left and right. When you’re overwhelmed, use the Hachiman’s Fury ultimate attack to slash through enemies in a flurry of strikes.
- As a Hunter, you can stand on the edge of combat and snipe enemies before they even see you. You can also use explosive arrows to slow down groups, and when the combat gets really fierce, the Eye of Uchitsune ultimate attack will unleash multiple arrows straight at your enemies’ heads.
- Ronin players can revive their entire team with the Breath of Izanami ultimate ability. You might play Ronin because you want to help your human friends… or you might do it because the Ronin class is also able to summon a Spirit Dog. (And yes, you can ABSOLUTELY pet your Spirit Dog!)
- If you prefer doing massive damage with a single attack, you’ll love the Assassin. The Shadow Strike ultimate attack will allow you to teleport across the battlefield and directly strike your enemies. If that’s not intimidating enough, wait until you see the terrifying masks the Assassin gets to wear!
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Mission Types
- Story Missions
- Designed for two players, and take you through Gyozen’s stories about what’s really happening in Tsushima. When you unlock higher difficulties, you’ll face new encounters, tougher enemies, bonus objectives, and greater rewards.
- Survival Missions
- Team up with three other players to fight off waves of enemies while defending different locations in Tsushima. You and your team can activate blessings to help yourselves, like “ignite enemies” or “summon a Spirit Bear.” The longer you survive and the more bonus objectives you complete, the more rewards you’ll earn!
- You’ll need all your skill, top-tier gear, and a great 4-player team to be able to survive in Iyo’s realm! The Raid is an epic three-part adventure that will require excellent teamwork and communication to overcome. It will be released in the weeks following the launch of Ghost of Tsushima: Legends.
Ghost of Tsushima New Game+
If you’ve already beaten Ghost of Tsushima, you’ll find the option to re-embark on Jin’s Journey in New Game+. You’ll start New Game+ from the release to the open world, shortly after Jin’s initial confrontation with the Khan. You’ll keep all of the Techniques, Gear, and Vanity items obtained in a previous playthrough, and difficulty will be increased to provide a new challenge (but you can still adjust it down in the menu).
You’ll also find yourself with a brand new New Game+ horse, which features a vibrant red mane and unique saddle. There are also new, extremely powerful Charms available that can help Jin unleash devastating attacks and may change the way you play. You’ll also be able to unlock an additional upgrade for your sword, bow, and armor.
Ghost of Tsushima Ghost Flower Merchant
Exclusively in New Game+, you’ll be able to earn a new type of flower: the Ghost Flower. This new type of flower can only be earned in New Game+, and is accepted by a mysterious new merchant that you’ll find in Ariake.
You can exchange these flowers for new armor dyes and other vanity gear only found in New Game+, featuring much more elaborate designs than those found in your first playthrough.
Even without this massive update, Ghost of Tsushima managed to impress in the Game Revolution review, where it earned praise for the “well-crafted narrative with interesting themes,” “truly stunning environments that are a joy to explore”, the way that “combat is challenging and satisfying,” and more.
Those that beat Ghost of Tsushima‘s main campaign will want to know what to do next. Game Revolution’s post-game guide is aimed at helping players achieve 100% completion.
While Ghost of Tsushima is still being updated, fans are no doubt eager for news about a potential sequel. Here’s the need-to-know on a potential Ghost of Tsushima 2!