There’s nothing like bad stutter and lag to rip players out of an immersive experience like Watch Dogs: Legion. Unfortunately, this is the case for some players, as PC, PS4, and Xbox One systems can all stutter. Here’s how to remove and fix the Watch Dogs: Legion stutter and lag.
How to remove stutter and fix lag in Watch Dogs: Legion
Depending on the hardware, it can either be very easy to remove stutter and fix lag, or very difficult. It all depends on the system that Watch Dogs: Legion is running on.
PC Lag and Stutter Fix
- Ensure the latest Nvidia or AMD graphics card driver is installed.
- Run the game in Fullscreen mode, as Windowed can sometimes cause stutter.
- Close any unnecessary apps that may be sucking up performance in the background.
- Lower the graphics settings to get a more consistent frame-rate. This best PC settings guide will help.
PS4 Lag and Stutter Fix
- Watch Dogs: Legion PS4 performance is locked at 30 FPS, which may explain why players are feeling a slightly sluggish experience when compared to games like Call of Duty: Warzone.
- PS4 performance is largely dependent on how the developer has optimized the game for Sony systems. It’s possible that a patch is in the works to help improve performance.
- Stutter and lag during gameplay can be limited by avoiding visually demanding scenes. For example, firing a grenade launcher into a large amount of traffic on a crowded intersection could cause a hiccup.
Xbox One Lag and Stutter Fix
- Watch Dogs: Legion Xbox One performance is also capped at 30 FPS, which is half as smooth as popular titles like Fortnite and Call of Duty: Warzone.
- In the same way that the PS4 version doesn’t allow users to customize the experience, the Xbox One edition of the game is also locked down tight. Any performance fixes will come in the form of a patch.
- Xbox One performance improves during less intense scenes. Try to avoid causing too many explosions in busy streets, opting for stealth instead.
How to improve frame-rate in Watch Dogs: Legion
Improving the frame-rate in Watch Dogs: Legion is simple for PC users, as choosing less demanding visual settings will benefit performance. The PC version has a huge number of graphics options that can be tweaked for more FPS.
PS4 and Xbox One players will have to cope with 30 FPS and below (during certain intense scenes). Those who will be upgrading to the next-gen systems may also be limited to 30 FPS, as 60 FPS support hasn’t been confirmed by Ubisoft.
Once the lag and stutter have been dealt with, it’ll be time to unlock one of the best characters in the entire game. The Beekeeper is crazy good and the best early game unlock.
Game Revolution’s Watch Dogs: Legion review praises the game for its unique “play as anyone” mechanic. It’s like “Pokemon but with people.”