Assassin’s Creed Valhalla stutter and lag can throw the player’s experience off and make raiding enemy camps more difficult thanks to its occasionally stuttering frame-rate. Frame-rate drops can affect all players across PC, PS4, and Xbox One (frame-drops on 30 FPS console versions is somewhat standard). Fortunately, there are a couple of ways to fix the game’s frame-rate problems to some extent, at least, on PC. Here’s how to fix the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla stutter and lag and improve its frame-rate.
How to remove stutter and fix lag in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
In a big open-world game such as Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, there is bound to be some level of frame-rate stuttering. This is true across all platforms, especially at launch. The capped 30fps experience on PS4 and Xbox One is a little patchy, unfortunately. On PC, though, the experience can be worse. Thankfully, a number of fixes exist that should sort some of the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla stutter and lag issues on PC.
PC lag and stutter fix
- Lower graphical settings
- Turn off background applications that throttle the CPU or RAM
- Disable “Fullscreen Optimization” on Windows 10
- Locate “ACValhalla.exe”
- Right-click the file and choose “Properties”
- Select the “Compatibility” tab
- Check the “Disable Fullscreen Optimizations” option
- Click “OK” and exit the window to disable the Fullscreen Optimization
- Run in Borderless Window mode
- Wait for an update from Ubisoft
- Install the game onto an SSD
- Exit the game and reload
- Download and install new graphics driver updates
- AMD and NVidia
- Verify the game files
One of the above fixes should resolve the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla frame-rate stutter issues on PC, as they have been reported as working by early players of the Ubisoft action-RPG.