Social media platform Twitter just added an exciting new function called Fleets. Fleets are a way to share fleeting thoughts that only stay live for 24 hours after posting; if that format sounds familiar, it’s probably because it’s very similar to Instagram. iOS and Android users want to know the Fleets release date and time, along with how to send Fleets on Twitter. So, here’s the lowdown on Twitter’s new Fleet functionality.
How to send a Fleet on Twitter
According to Twitter, the temporary nature of Fleets removes a lot of the pressure associated with tweeting. Twitter trialed the feature in several countries before rolling it out worldwide, reporting that “people feel more comfortable joining the conversation” thanks to Fleets. Whichever way users plan to engage with the new feature, figuring out how to send a Fleet on Twitter can take some time. That’s where this guide comes in handy!
Here’s how to post a Fleet on Twitter:
- Open the Twitter app on iOS or Android.
- Tap the profile icon at the top left of the screen.
- Select the “Share a fleeting thought…” option.
- Enter the desired text and/or emojis.
- Add an optional image, video, or GIF.
- Tap the “Fleet” button to share the post.
It’s also possible to share an existing tweet as a Fleet — think of it as a new form of quote tweeting.
Here’s how to share a tweet as a Fleet:
- Open the Twitter app on iPhone or Android.
- Locate a tweet to share.
- Tap the share icon, then choose the “Share in a Fleet” option.
- Enter any desired text and/or emojis.
- Hit the “Fleet” button to share the post.
Fleets release date and time for iPhone and Android
Fleets are available right now, though, having just gone live, the update may take some time to populate for all users. If Twitter doesn’t automatically update to add Fleet functionality, try checking for updates manually.