Players can complete a variety of side jobs to earn rewards in Cyberpunk 2077. While doing so, however, some unfortunate users are encountering the Cyberpunk 2077 Killing in the Name bug. Those affected find that they can’t hack the router and, thus, complete a necessary objective to finish the mission. Fortunately, there is an easy fix. Here’s how to complete the Killing in the Name mission on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Google Stadia.
How to complete the Cyberpunk 2077 ‘Killing in the Name’ side job
After calling Nancy to accept the Killing in the Name side mission and progressing as normal, players will reach a point where they need to jack into a router on a building’s exterior. The mission objective is to “hack the router,” though a bug means that many players are unable to do so successfully. Fortunately, users can still beat the bugged Cyberpunk side quest by returning to a previous save.
Here’s how to hack the router during the Killing in the Name Cyberpunk side mission:
Cyberpunk 2077 ‘Killing in the Name’ glitch fix
- Load a saved game prior to starting the side job.
- Visit a Ripperdoc and equip an operating system (OS) with hacking capabilities.
- Note: The default OS that players start the game with works.
- Proceed with the side job until reaching the “hack the router” objective.
- Approach the objective from ground level and climb the fire escape to reach the router.
- Follow the on-screen prompt, then complete the hacking mini-game.
After carrying out the above steps, players are able to proceed with and complete the Killing in the Name Cyberpunk 2077 side job. Credit to LethalLev for sharing the fix.
Due to how buggy Cyberpunk can be, making ample use of the quicksave function is recommended. Not only can it help with glitched quests, as seen here, but it also gives players multiple options should the corrupted save glitch strike.