Dead by Daylight is presenting users with a server error that stops them from playing online. The DbD connection issue comes with a notification that reads: “Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later.” After the description comes Error Code 8018, but, what exactly does that mean? Is there a quick and easy fix? Here’s the need-to-know on a Dead by Daylight Error Code 8018 solution for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Dead by Daylight Error Code 8018 fix
Dead by Daylight is home to all sorts of monstrosities, including persistent networking problems. Receiving DbD Error Code 8018 is perhaps even more terrifying than coming face-to-face with any one of the game’s iconic cast of killers. Behaviour Interactive’s asymmetrical multiplayer horror game can throw up this error message for a number of reasons.
Here are some Dead by Daylight Error Code 8018 workarounds to help fix the problem:
- Close the game application completely, then reboot the PC or game console.
- On PC, run Steam as an administrator and launch Dead by Daylight from the “Library” tab.
- Check @DeadByBHVR for any know server issues and/or service outages.
- Check that there are no ongoing PSN or Xbox Live service issues.
- No widespread problems? Reboot the internet router or modem.
- Try connecting via a different Wi-Fi or data network.
Should the issue persist after exhausting the above steps, annoying as it may be, it’s best to heed the advice of the in-game notification. Wait a while and then try again later to see if the issue has resolved itself.
If it doesn’t, then consider contacting the Dead by Daylight support team.
In some horror adjacent news, Roblox recently updated the in-game Hockey Mask accessory to look less like Jason Voorhees.