The Valheim 0.148.6 update patch notes have been released, with developer Iron Gate AB revealing what has been included in the brand new update. The PC survival game has had a number of tweaks and gameplay fixes implemented in its new patch, which provides unsubstantial but necessary changes.
The update includes various changes such as an increased chest inventory space, boss drops being able to float in water, and the drop rate for certain enemies being increased. It doesn’t include any major additions to the game, but rather tweaks the title as it continues to increase its player base on Steam.
Valheim has been a breakout success for Iron Gate AB, with many hailing it as one of the best survival games in modern times. While players are undoubtedly waiting for larger features to be added to the game, this is a nice stopgap that at least fixes some common player complaints.
What’s in the Valheim 0.148.6 update patch notes?
- Campfire, Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6×4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to enable)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation fixed
- “Failed to connect” error message fixed
- Serpent trophy stack fix
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds “genloc” command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev
- commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
- Megingjord item-collider fix
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
- Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
- Better bad connection detection
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Localization updates