The Mortal Kombat 11 update patch notes aren’t the typical patch notes since they don’t come alongside a downloadable update. The game just needs to be connected online and it will pull the changes. But they are somewhat significant enough to cover, especially since the game hasn’t seen many balance changes since Ultimate’s release in November 2020. Here’s what the MK11 update patch notes are for May 13, 2021. These changes are only on PS4, PS5, and Xbox for the time being.
Mortal Kombat 11 Update Patch Notes: Sheeva nerfs abound
NetherRealm has nerfed Sheeva pretty hard, which was easy to see as players disliked her quite a bit. Her infamous Dragon Drop now has a set delay and has 30 more recovery frame on whiff or when it hits armor. She, along with Joker and Cetrion, also now have 950 health like Jacqui, Cassie, and Sonya. RoboCop, on the other hand, now has 1100 health like Shao Kahn.
Cetrion’s Deadly Winds also does less damage on block. Shao Kahn got the most changes as his You Will Never Win has fewer recovery frames and can still be special canceled on Flawless Block. His Hammer Lunge and Ground Shatter have also had a few changes to be overall better moves. Two of Rambo’s strings are also a bit better and one of RoboCop’s also got slightly changed.
Full Mortal Kombat 11 update patch notes for May 13, 2021
Character Specific Adjustments
• Sheeva – Now has 950 health (down from 1000)
• Sheeva – Slightly narrowed the hit region for Dragon Drop & it now has a set delay time when delayed & 30 more recovery frames on miss or when hit hitting armor
• Joker – Now has 950 health (down from 1000)
• Cetrion – Now has 950 health (down from 1000)
• Cetrion – Slightly reduced the damage when blocked & flawless blocked of Deadly Winds & Deadly Winds Amplified
• Fujin – Adjusted the victim regions of Knee Buckler (Down + Front Kick)
• RoboCop – Now has 1100 health (up from 1050)
• RoboCop – Don’t Move Creep (Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) now has 2 more active frames & 5 less recovery frames on block
• Rambo – First Blood (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch) has 3 less recovery frames on block
• Rambo – Diddy-Bopping (Away + Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) has more pushback on block & 5 more blockstun frames
• Shao Kahn – You Will Never Win (Towards + Front Kick, Back Kick) now has 3 less recovery frames & can now be 2in1 cancelled when flawless blocked
• Shao Kahn – Hammer Lunge now has less pushback on block & 10 less recovery frames on block & miss
• Shao Kahn – Hammer Lunge Amplify now has more pushback on block, 5 more blockstun frames & 15 less recovery frames on miss
• Shao Kahn – Ground Shatter has 4 less rec frames & more pushback on block
• Shao Kahn – Ground Shatter Amplify now has more pushback on block, 10 more blockstun frames, & is now a mid block