The Returnal 1.300.700 update patch notes do not add the long-awaited saving functionality that people have been clamoring for. However, it does have a handful of small bug fixes that will undoubtedly save some runs. The May Returnal update is scheduled for 7 AM PT on May 20. Be sure to keep off automatic updates if the game is left in rest mode or that run will be lost.
Returnal 1.300.700 Update Patch Notes: Bug fixes
There aren’t huge changes here, but they are worth it for some people. The dead scouts that show up in games that let players spend Ether or gamble to get more are supposed to show up more often now. A recent patch was supposed to make them more frequent. Players also won’t start with a parasite when they get their corpse scavenged either. Housemarque didn’t mark it as a bug so this is just a changed feature.
The other parts are for glitches. Reviving through a Reconstructor shouldn’t make the Ophion boss disappear. Loud audio during combat shouldn’t happen anymore. Black screens shouldn’t stop progress and players shouldn’t get stuck in some rooms. And, of course, this patch contains fixes some “rare crashes,” which is vague.
Cautious players should maybe think twice before downloading this update immediately. The last update corrupted a ton of save files, causing Housemarque to pull the patch and issue a new one. Some people were able to recover their save or download a working file from a backup, but some had to start all over after losing everything.
Full Returnal 1.300.700 update patch notes
• Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
• After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
• Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
• Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
• Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
• Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
• Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.