Introduced in Diablo 3‘s 2.3 patch, the Kanai’s Cube presents a new feature in the game that allows you to convert or break down legendary items to obtain special properties.
Below is the official description of the item:
The artifact known as Kanai’s Cube is said to have incomprehensible powers of transmutation. Certainly, the services this item can provide will enhance your potential to incredible levels, including personal customization and impressive mastery over the many treasures you have uncovered throughout your journey. I wonder…will it be worth the cost?
For endgame play, the Kanai’s Cube is a necessity. Not only does it provide room to scale your character to greater survivability and damage, but it also introduces new progression to work through. Therefore, it’s recommended that you grab one as soon as possible.
Gaining access to the feature requires that you have progressed at a minimum to Act 3. You can then grab one in Adventure Mode.
Below you can read the four steps required to obtain the Kanai’s Cube:
- Step 1. Speak to Zoltun Kulle in any city to begin the Kanai’s Cube quest.
- Step 2. Teleport to the zone called Ruins of Sescheron, Act 3.
- Step 3. Explore the first map until you find a blue portal that allows you to enter Elder Sanctum. Enter it.
- Step 4. The Kanai’s Cube can be found on a pedestal in the Elder Sanctum, usually on the top-right of the map. Click on it to finish the quest.
- Step 5. You can now find the Kanai’s Cube in any city.
Below is a video guide that helps visualize the process.
Now that you’ve unlocked the Kanai’s Cube, you will need to gather materials throughout the game world to use it. Materials include drops from Horadric Caches. Visit the Kanai’s Cube interface by clicking on the item at any city in the game. You can view which materials are needed and more from the Kanai’s Cube interface.
If you are wondering why Diablo 4 hasn’t been announced yet, be sure to read our feature to learn more.