- Related Games:
- Guitar Hero Live
There's been a lot of buzz about Rock Band 4, but let's not forget Guitar Hero also makes its return this year. Guitar Hero Live features new hardware and a first-person mode, but music drives the experience. If the set list is any indication, it'll be an eclectic mix.
Rolling Stone revealed the initial set list for Guitar Hero Live earlier today. Rock bands like The Black Keys, Rage Against the Machine, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers make appearances. Some less excepted names are also featured, such as Ed Sheeran and Skrillex.
Jamie Jackson, creative director and studio head at FreeStyle Games, discussed the decision to broaden the artist pool in Guitar Hero Live.
"But it's been 10 years since the first Guitar Hero game came out," he said. "When you think of it like that, and think about how much the musical landscape has changed since then – that's where we've been able to explore some new types of musical style as well. Guitar music is broader than it's ever been – so we're reflecting that in the range of music on offer."
Guitar Hero Live comes out this fall for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, and iOS. The initial set list of 24 songs can be viewed below.
- The Black Keys – "Gold on the Ceiling"
- Blitz Kids – "Sometimes"
- Ed Sheeran – "Sing"
- Fall Out Boy – "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)”
- Gary Clark, Jr. – "Don't Owe You a Thang"
- Green Day – "Nuclear Family"
- The Killers – “When You Were Young"
- The Lumineers – "Ho Hey"
- My Chemical Romance – "Na Na Na"
- Pierce the Veil – "King for a Day (feat. Kellin Quinn)"
- The Rolling Stones – "Paint it Black"
- Skrillex – "Bangarang"
- The War on Drugs – "Under the Pressure"
- Black Veil Brides – "In The End"
- Rage Against the Machine – "Guerrilla Radio"
- Judas Priest – "Breaking the Law"
- Pantera – "Cowboys From Hell"
- Sleigh Bells – "Bitter Rivals"
- System of a Down – "Chop Suey!"
- Alter Bridge – "Cry of Achilles"
- Alt-J – "Left Hand Free"
- Broken Bells – "Leave It Alone"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – "Higher Ground"
- The Pretty Reckless – "Going to Hell"