- Related Games:
It's been more than six months since Driveclub released, and six months ago a PS Plus Edition was supposed to be delivered for free to PS Plus subscribers. Unfortunately, major architecture issues resulted in what appeared to be the killing of one of PS Plus' most long-awaited benefits. We found out today that it's far from dead.
Driveclub's official Facebook account has a new post that introduces details regarding an update scheduled for June 1st. It's version number is 1.16, and it focuses on Challenges as well as technical improvements to prepare for a flood of new users. This flood of new users are to be the result of the release of the PlayStation Plus Edition, which is directly mentioned in the post. See for yourself:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite #PS4share pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.
If you skipped Driveclub, then this will be an opportunity to see what all the post-release buzz is about. While the game was underwhelming in many ways at launch, a variety of significant patches have made it a solid option for racing fans with more cars, stable servers, and a popular photo mode.
June's PS Plus Lineup has already been revealed as not containing Driveclub. So, it's likely that the Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be announced at E3 2015 as a July lineup item.