After capturing feedback from fans during the past couple weeks, Ubisoft has delivered a patch for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege that addresses the most common concerns among players.
Today's 1.1 update is massive, and includes a variety of attractive improvements across the board. Below are some of the highlights.
- Visual Update: DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC Players
PC players with high-end rigs will now be able to enjoy optional higher resolution textures that improve the quality of environmental objects as well as Operator models.
- Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:
- Pawn rotation latency
- Shield positioning while rappelling
- Shooting and moving while rappelling
- Kill cam replication issues
- Updated server tick rate for PC (intermittent & temporary)
Each of these combat the in-game netcode issues which affected both gunplay and kill cam. This is considered the highlight of the patch among many players in the community.
- Team killing reduction
- Implemented an auto-kick feature for intentional team killers.
Team killing abusers will now be punished accordingly, especially those that kill toward the beginning of a round.
- Refining the Ranked Skill Rating System
- Increased reliability of end-game skill rank updates.
Ranked play now makes a better attempt at finding suitable opponents. Also, punishment for losing to an opposing team will result in less dramatic loss of rank.
- Written communications improvement
Players can now type longer sentences before submitting their text chat.
The full patch notes along with comprehensive developer explanations for each item can be seen here.