- Related Games:
- Destiny 2
The Destiny 2 188.8.131.52 update patch notes (1.13 on PC) are out, and it looks like it addresses some of the issues players have been having since Curse of Osiris released. The most significant additions this patch are the new Masterwork Weapons that have been added to Destiny 2, and some new items that are being added to Xur’s inventory when he appears this Friday.
For the highlights of the Destiny 2 1.13 patch read on below.
Destiny 2 184.108.40.206 Patch: Prestige Leviathan Raid Fix for Those Who Don’t Own Curse of Osiris
Last week, Bungie caught some heat when players noticed that the Prestige Leviathan raid Power level requirement had increased to 330. Since only those who have bought Curse of Osiris for Destiny 2 can get more than 305 Power, the new requirement was effectively locking people who only owned the base game out of content they previously were able to access.
Patch 1.13 lowers the Power requirement for the Prestige Leviathan raid back down to 300. This makes it accessible to all players again regardless of whether they own the expansion or not.
Additionally, “The Prestige” trophy/achievement has been modified to remove being able to receive it via a Prestige Nightfall mission. “The Prestige” trophy/achievement is now only able to be earned by completing the Leviathan raid on Prestige difficulty.
Destiny 2 1.13 Update: Masterwork Weapons
Destiny 2 Masterwork Weapons are a new addition to the game with the latest patch. Masterworks is basically a new tier of rarity for weapons between Legendary and Exotic.
Though Masterworks are nominally still considered to be Legendaries, they have added bonuses. Masterwork weapons showcase your kill count, either Crucible-only or your overall stats. These guns will generate orbs for you when you complete multi-kills as well. Additionally, all Masterworks have stat bonuses that are generated randomly and can be re-rolled.
If you dismantle a Masterwork, you’ll get an item you can use to make another Legendary weapon a Masterwork. This new item tier adds a little flexibility that was sorely missed.
Destiny 2 1.13 Update: New Xur Items: Fated Engrams and Three of Coins
When Xur comes back Friday, you’ll notice he has some new items in his inventory. The first, the Three of Coins is a consumable that increases the chance that an Exotic Engram will drop when you defeat an Ultra or win a Crucible match.
The second item is arguably a game changer. Fated Engrams help you to avoid a constant problem Destiny 2 players face: duplicate Exotics. When you buy a Fated Engram, you can guaranteed to get an Exotic Weapon or Armor that you’ve never picked up before, even if you’ve gotten one and dismantled it.
Destiny 2 1.13 Full Patch Notes
Below is a full list of the changes in Destiny 2 this week.
- Brought the Prestige “Leviathan” raid back down to 300 Power, making it accessible to all players, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership
- Adjusted Prestige difficulty rewards no longer grant guaranteed 330 Power items
- Adjusted the difficulty for the normal Calus encounter
Trials of the Nine
- Players who do not own Curse of Osiris may now access Trials of the Nine when a Destiny 2 launch map is featured
Trophies and Achievements
- Modified the achievement “The Prestige” and the associated trophy to remove the Nightfall component
- This may now be completed, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership, by completing the “Leviathan” raid on Prestige difficulty.
General fixes in Destiny 2 220.127.116.11
- Fixed an issue impacting Power level progression from level 289 to 300 for players who do not own Curse of Osiris.
- Fixed an issue that would prompt a Curse of Osiris purchase menu when players were attempting to acquire the Scout Report: Mercury item with insufficient Glimmer
- Destiny 2 1.13 Update fixed an issue where the word “Nightfall” was not prepended to new Curse of Osiris strikes in the Nightfall Director node
- Adjusted the functionality of Chest Reward Throttles
- Players now receive reduced amounts of loot when opening large numbers of chests in quick succession, rather than nothing at all
- Cayde’s Stash chests now grant rewards via the loot stream to prevent items from disappearing into the ground
- Destiny 2 update 1.13 fixed an issue where cannons on Mercury were not functioning properly for PC players when they were playing at over 60 fps
- Fixed an issue that prevented the functionality of HDR settings for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro
- Destiny 2 1.13 Update addressed an issue where players with over 84 emblems were unable to see all emblems they owned within the collection screen
- On player inspection, currency display is no longer visible
- Vendor waypoints are only highlighted when players have enough tokens to earn a reward
- Destiny 2 version 1.13 fixed an issue where some players could not interact with items when they had full inventory.
- Players can no longer loot the same chest multiple times in quick succession for Faction Rally tokens
- Destiny 2 update 1.13 addressed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were not being removed at the conclusion of the event for some players
- Faction Rally emblems now display the correct pledge tracker stat
- Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were being removed from players’ inventories when the players were creating a new character
- Destiny 2 1.13 addressed an issue where some players would not receive a Faction Rally winner discount
- Legendary weapons can now drop as Masterworks for characters above Power level 250
- Masterworks provide bonus weapon stats and generate Orbs on multikills
- Legendary and Exotic Engram drop rates have been adjusted down for Public Events, and up for Strike and Crucible playlist activities
- Destiny 2 update 1.13 reduced the chance of a Legendary engram rewarding multiple Legendary items
- Xûr now sells a three of coins consumable item that increases the drop chance of Exotics
- Xûr now sells the Fated Engram
- Fixed an issue where Vesper of Radius, the Helm of Saint-14, Graviton Forfeit, and Gemini Jester were dropping with incorrect class mods
- Destiny 2 version 1.13 addressed an issue where the Prometheus Lens Exotic Trace Rifle was outputting too much damage too quickly
- Fixed an issue where Exotic weapons from Curse of Osiris were mislabeled within Exotic engrams
- Zavala now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to the user’s fireteam on strike completion
- Shaxx now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players at the end of a Crucible activity
- Tess Everis sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players on Strike or Crucible activity completion
- Faction vendors now offer legendary gear for direct purchase with Legendary shards and faction tokens
- Destiny 2 1.13 added invisible physics to keep players from hiding in the Red Bay Box on the Pacifica map
- Adjusted Power Ammo locations on the Eternity map