Bluepoint Games is looking for a new senior graphics engineer. The new hire will be aiding the developer during the next project, which is described on the job listing as “remaking a classic for current-gen game systems.”
Ideally, the senior graphics engineers will have “an interest in cutting-edge graphics and visual effects systems,” and will “join [the] team on a full time basis, developing AAA titles for latest-gen home consoles.”
Here’s the full list of responsibilities, which may offer a hint at Bluepoint’s new project:
- High- and low-level optimization of rendering code for console platforms
- Development and maintenance of content generation and content optimization pipelines
- Research into new real-time rendering techniques and features
- Collaboration with other team members to determine rendering requirements
- Implementation of rendering features to the Bluepoint Engine
With past remakes and remasters, like Shadow of the Colossus and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, receiving critical acclaim, Bluepoint Games has become known for its excellent work.
It’s not clear what the team is working on, but if I had to guess, I’d say it was another Sony exclusive. Bluepoint Games’ last three games have been PS4 remasters, so that’s where I’d be putting my money.
What do you want the next Bluepoint Games remaster to be? Let us know.