New Shin Megami Tensei Mobile Game Releasing Next Week

Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 was announced to be releasing next week. The mobile game will be developed by Sega, rather than Atlus. It features typical mechanics found in anime-centric mobile games.

This imminent release was announced via a statement by one of the community managers for the game on Facebook:



The word “soon” has finally shown its true meaning ’cause the moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally here! The world of SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI Liberation Dx2 will open its doors to us NEXT WEEK. Feeling the hype now?! Spread the news and prepare yourselves for a brand new experience in a mobile game. Hee-ho!”

Featuring many core concepts of the Shin Megami Tensei games, this seems like rather a good game. Included beyond the usual SMT mechanics is a gatcha system of gaining demonic allies. This means that players will use some kind of currency that a player can get over time or through real money purchases. Then players will be able to draw demon’s based on luck using this currency.

This does mean there is a lot of luck involved, however, players of the beta have said otherwise. They have noted that there isn’t any content gated to events (so far). Additionally, they have said that despite rates for pulling demons is low, through a time commitment, players can get 95% of demons via fusion. However, the other 5% will need to be drawn via the game’s gacha system. In addition to this, the game’s music is composed by one of the composers from the Yakuza franchise.

This may not be the first Shin Megami Tensei mobile game, but it does seem to be quite interesting and well worth your time.

So what do you think? Are you excited to make contracts with demons on the go? Or does the gatcha system scare you off? Sound off in the comments below!