- Related Games:
- Guild Wars 2
While World of Warcraft still dominates the MMO genre, that hasn't stopped the competition from taking a significant bite out of the market. ArenaNet's Guild Wars 2 has proven to be quite a success since its launch last year, will sales numbers that now surpass three million.
On the game's official site, director Colin Johanson discussed what is next for the MMO, teasing some exciting new stuff that they're planning to roll out over the next several months. Here are just a few things that they are working to improve:
- Leaderboards on our website where you can compare your abilities with other players to find out who is the best in the world.
- Expanded and re-designed encounters for bosses in dungeons and the open world.
- New types of achievements which tie into the new systems of achievement rewards.
- Continuing to improve the security of the game fighting botters and hackers, as well as improving the games stability by addressing bugs as quickly as possible when they are reported.
- Identifying existing parts of the game that can be improved and made more fun/exciting, and investing the time to ensure everything we’ve built really shines as we move forward.
- Improving the new player experience, to make it easier for new players to learn how to play GW2, enter the game world, and more quickly learn the game without being overwhelmed.
- Improving the “looking for group” tool to make it easier to find other players to play with in the game.
Does Guild Wars 2 still have you hooked? If not, do you think the new changes in 2013 will be enough to pull you back in? Let us know in the comments below.