Diablo Immortal is a new MMO coming to iOS and Android set in the Diablo universe was announced at the Blizzcon 2018 Opening Ceremony. The game is set between Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction and Diablo 3 and deals with the aftermath of the shattered Worldstone and humanity’s fight against it’s corrupting power and the evil that would control it.
Blizzard and NetEase have partnered to create Diablo Immortal, and it will center around social gameplay. Hubs like Westmarch will allow players to meet up before heading into deep dungeons in search of loot. The game looks to be highly influenced by the classic Diablo gameplay loop of heading into dungeons to get more powerful loot then back to town to sell and upgrade it. From what we’ve seen so far this looks like it genuinely may bring a full-featured Diablo experience to the small screen.
Classes announced for Diablo Immortal so far are:
- Barbarian – A melee focused weapon’s expert.
- Crusader – Basically a Paladin.
- Demon Hunter – A crossbow wielder who predictably hates demons.
- Monk – Gets punchy with demons. Doesn’t like swords.
- Necromancer – Brings the dead back to life as spooky skeletons.
- Wizard – Reads a lot and sometimes magics.
So far there’s been no Diablo Immortal release date announced.