- Related Games:
- Telling Lies
The Telling Lies cast has been revealed. While the all-new narrative game and spiritual sequel to Sam Barlow’s earlier game, Her Story, doesn’t have a release date as of yet, we can share the live-action main cast, which includes:
- David: Logan Marshall-Green, best known for Upgrade, The Invitation, Prometheus, Quarry, Damnation
- Ava: Alexandra Shipp, best known for X-Men: Apocalypse, Love, Simon, Straight Outta Compton
- Emma: Kerry Bishé, best known for The Romanoffs, Halt and Catch Fire, Scrubs
- Max: Angela Sarafyan, best known for Westworld
- Vivien Lyra Blair, best known for her role as “Girl” in Bird Box, also has a speaking role in the game.
Telling Lies will expand on the format laid out by its predecessor, Her Story, but this time will explore multiple characters and the relationships between them. Sam Barlow has been directing the filming for Telling Lies which started in December and is set to wrap next week. Meanwhile, Replay Collective has been handling and overseeing all of the production tasks for the live-action video component of the game. Annapurna Interactive, on the other hand, has added Telling Lies to its Interactive family, which includes What Remains of Edith Finch, as well as many others.
Sam Barlow is a British game designer, best known for Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Barlow has worked in the games industry since the late ’90s, leaving his game director position at Climax Studios in 2014 to concentrate on his own games. His first independent game was Her Story, released in 2015.
Her Story has achieved a “Very Positive” review score on Steam and shows that despite the undeniable popularity of more action-packed games, such as Fortnite, there’s still very much a place for the more thought-provoking story-driven, narrative games like the Life is Strange series.
[Image Source: Annapurna Interactive]