HyperX has revealed its new QuadCast S microphone, which includes customizable RGB lighting to give PC setups some extra flair. Targeted at streamers and those working from home, the HyperX QuadCast S mic is equipped with a built-in anti-vibration shock mount, built-in pop filter, and a tap-to-mute sensor with an LED status indicator.
Similar to the original QuadCast microphone, the QuadCast S uses lighting to stand out. However, while the QuadCast only had red lighting, the new “S” variant boasts RGB (16.7 million colors) that can be customized through the HyperX NGENUITY software.
HyperX EMEA Business Manager Bianca Walter stated the following:
HyperX aims to equip streamers, educators, students, and business professionals with easy-to-use gear as people continue to work, school and game from home. Building on the success of our first QuadCast USB microphone, the release of QuadCast S brings a feature which users have been asking for – dynamic RGB lighting effects – that adds another layer of customization to enhance streaming and home office and classroom setups.
Available now for €179.99/£159.99/$TBC, the HyperX QuadCast S microphone boasts the following specs:
- Power consumption: 5V 220mA (white light)
- Sample/bit rate: 48kHz/16-bit
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Condenser type: Three 14mm condensers
- Polar patterns: Stereo, Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Bidirectional
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Cable length: 3m
- Microphone: 254g
- Shock mount and stand: 360g
- Total with USB cable: 710g
- Lighting: RGB (16,777,216 colours)
- Light effects: 2 zones (Customizable using NGENUITY software.)
- Connection type: USB-C to USB-A
- Headphone Output Impedance: 32Ω
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Maximum power output: 7mW
- THD: ≤ 0.05% (1kHz/0dBFS)
- SNR: ≥ 90dB (1kHZ,RL=∞)