- Related Games:
- Pokemon Unite
Clever players are finding ways on how to play the Pokemon Unite beta worldwide, despite the game’s first stress test being Japan-only. The Pokemon Unite Switch beta download is perfectly legal and can be got from Nintendo itself, although it will be in Japanese. Players have discovered a quick and simple way to get the Pokemon Unite Japanese beta on Switch worldwide, so here’s how to do it.
How to play the Pokemon Unite beta on Switch worldwide
To play the Pokemon Unite beta on Nintendo Switch, players must:
- Head to my.nintendo.com and create a new account.
- Fill in all the details, making sure to select ‘Japan’ under Country/Region, and using a real email address for confirmation.
- After confirming, go to the Nintendo Switch’s Settings, then User, then Add User.
- From here choose ‘link to a Nintendo account,’ put in the details set up above, and input the verification code from the email they sent out.
- Go to the eShop and choose the new user account. Ignore the warning, but the shop will be in Japanese!
- If Pokemon Unite isn’t immediately obvious, go to Search and type in ‘Pokemon’ or ‘Unite’. Then download it like a normal game and get playing.
Probably not staying up late to stream it but planning to wake up early tomorrow to jump into the action!
Download Pokémon Unite beta now!
(Launches 11pm ET tonight)#PokemonUnite
— aDrive #TeamShiny (@aDrive_tK) June 23, 2021
The Japanese stress test for Pokemon Unite runs between today, June 24, and Saturday, June 26, although be aware of Japanese time zones so get playing as soon as possible. Pokemon Unite is a MOBA, so hopefully the gameplay should be familiar, otherwise various fans including aDrive have videos showing how to play the game — despite it being in Japanese.
Pokemon Unite will launch on Switch officially in July and on mobile devices in September, although it’s not the only Pokemon game out this year. The release date for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is later this year, with pre-order bonuses probably planned for when the release gets a bit closer. As for the most recent Pokemon game, New Pokemon Snap on Switch, our reviewer called it “a missed opportunity to do something other than beat Pokemon up.” Check out that review here.