While Roblox can run on most PCs, with even repurposed office computers and laptops hitting the minimum required specs, true fans of the game will want to invest a little more cash into getting smooth performance and higher frame-rates on competitive settings at 1080p. Here’s the best PC for Roblox in 2021, including details on how much RAM users need to play the game.
Best PC for Roblox in 2021
- CPU: Intel Core i3-10100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- This CPU includes integrated graphics that are powerful enough to run Roblox, even without a dedicated graphics card.
- Motherboard: ASRock B460M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
- This motherboard offers the basic functionality required. It’s also from ASRock, a reputable manufacturer offering a good warranty.
- RAM: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
- 8 GB of RAM in the 2×4 setup means taking advantage of “Dual Channel Memory.” This increases performance over using a single stick.
- Storage: SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB 2.5″ Solid State Drive
- An SSD will allow for quick loading times and faster overall PC performance. 240 GB is enough for Roblox and other games.
- Case: Rosewill FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
- This small case might look a little old-fashioned, but it’s cheap and cheerful. The Fractal Design Core 1100 is the next step up.
- Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
- You never want to cheap out on the power supply. EVGA is a reputable brand and the “80+ Bronze” rating means this PSU is efficient enough.
At the time of writing, the above PC build will cost under $400. It doesn’t include a graphics card, as at the start of 2021 the prices have inflated. However, this PC does have room to be upgraded with a graphics card later down the line, for playing more demanding games. An RX 570 would make a good upgrade choice, once prices have decreased back down to around RRP.
For now, the i3-10100 CPU is perfectly capable at running Roblox at 1080p, 60 FPS, with low to medium settings.
How much RAM do I need for Roblox?
Players need 2 GB of RAM to play Roblox on PC.
Those who don’t have enough RAM are likely to experience performance issues like stuttering and slowdown. The above build has a total of 8 GB RAM, which is plenty for Roblox and running other applications simultaneously.
Miss the big Square Enix Presents showcase? Get caught up on all of the big announcements here.
Looking for a mouse to compliment Roblox on PC? The Glorious Model O Wireless received the GameRevolution Editors’ Choice award in our review.
Like Roblox, Fortnite is another big game. The recent update brought a new character, The Foundation, to the island. But who exactly is he? Here’s a breakdown and some fan theories.