PUBG PC Update 8 is now live on the game’s Test Server, giving eager players a chance to try out the new server settings, while also earning weapons skins in the new loot boxes.
PUBG PC Update 8: Server Settings
To help further improve matchmaking between players, PUBG Corp. is now testing servers that only appear to players who live in that region. So as not to split friends up, those who form a party will see all regions available to both players. This will hopefully prevent cheating from being as big an epidemic.
PUBG Corp. says that these server changes will help improve network issues and make linguistic barriers less of a concern.
The test build offers a limited version of this server change, with the developers carrying out more research before rolling the full version out as a global application. Once these changes are deemed stable for the Test Server client, they will then roll out to live servers.
PUBG PC Update 8: Weapon Skin System and Loot Boxes
More PUBG loot boxes have been added, now giving players the ability to earn weapon skins. The two new weapon crates are called “Raider,” which are free to open, and “Triumph,” which require paid-for Weapon Cosmetic Keys to unlock.
The drop rates for the various weapon skins work similarly to the clothing item odds. The rarest weapon skin is the gold-plated S686, with a 0.0064% chance of being earned. (Watch out for this one on the Steam Market, for it’s sure to soon be selling for a ridiculously high price!)
Here are the odd for the Raider and Triumph Crates:
- Drop rate of each item for the new paid crate “Triumph”
- Desert Digital – R45: 15%
- Rugged (Orange) – UMP9: 15%
- Rugged (Orange) – SCAR-L: 10%
- Rugged (Orange) – M416: 10%
- Rugged (Orange) – AKM: 10%
- Rugged (Orange) – Kar98k: 10%
- Gold Plate – Win94: 5%
- Trifecta – P92: 5%
- Desert Digital – Mini14: 4.5%
- Trifecta – Micro UZI: 4.5%
- Gold Plate – Sawed-Off: 4.5%
- Desert Digital – Kar98k: 2.5%
- Trifecta – SCAR-L: 1.3%
- Desert Digital – M416: 1.3%
- Gold Plate – SKS: 0.6%
- Glory – UMP9: 0.32%
- Gold Plate – S12K: 0.32%
- Glory – AKM: 0.16%
- Drop rate of each item for the new free crate “Raider”
- Rugged (Beige) – Crossbow: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) – M16A4: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) – S686: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) – SKS: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) – Kar98k: 6.5%
- Rugged (Beige) – S12K: 6.5%
- Silver Plate – R1895: 3%
- Jungle Digital – P18C: 1.4%
- Silver Plate – DP-28: 1.4%
- Silver Plate – S1897: 0.4%
- Jungle Digital – SKS: 0.28%
- Silver Plate – Vector: 0.28%
- Turquoise Delight – P1911: 0.08%
- Silver Plate – SCAR-L: 0.05%
- Jungle Digital – AWM: 0.05%
- Turquoise Delight – Tommy Gun: 0.028%
- Turquoise Delight – Kar98k: 0.0128%
- Turquoise Delight – M16A4: 0.0128%
- Gold Plate – S686: 0.0064%
In addition to the server changes and added weapon skins, PUBG PC Update 8 also fixes an issue with the refresh button on the Friends List, as well as problems with exiting vehicles (which could be used as an exploit). Other vehicle issues have also been fixed, with all details available here.