Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Oh, it’s even better: the No Man’s Sky 1.51 update has just come into land and, with it, the NEXT Hotfix has not only applied some spit and polish to a few of the game’s ships, but the currently PC-only download has fixed a giant save game bug. Some of the patch notes are listed below, as well as a list of main changes made to the game.
No Man’s Sky 1.51 Update: Main Changes
Without question, the biggest change to come from the 1.51 update is the patching of the save game bug that has plagued several users across all three main platforms over the past few days. The bug, which saw data roll back to the beginning of the game and effectively wiping out all progress, has been recovered.
No Man’s Sky 1.51 Update: Has the Save Game Bug Been Fixed?
If your save game hasn’t yet been fixed, the team at Hello Games, as you can see from the patch notes below, promises that “if the game has not been resaved [since the bug], then progress has not been lost and will be recovered.”
This is welcome news to those unlucky enough to encounter the save game glitch but, as you’re about to find out, that’s not quite the case (yet) for Xbox One and PS4 users.
Will The No Man’s Sky 1.51 Update Come to Xbox One and PS4?
While the 1.51 update has been applied on PC, it’s was still with the certification teams at Sony and Microsoft on July 26. That meant PS4 and Xbox One users respectively didn’t get their hands on the new patch at the same time as players on PC, though it is currently live on Xbox One and PS4 as of 12 p.m. EST/5 p.m. BST
No Man’s Sky 1.51 Update: Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where players who saved after partially repairing some items of technology would be unable to load that savegame. Please note that if the game has not been resaved, then progress has not been lost and will be recovered.
- Fixed an issue where the build menu could crash if there was nothing available to build
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to warp during the antimatter stage of the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where the mission destination would be incorrectly reported as in another system at the Hermetic Seal phase of the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where upgrade modules installed in the main Exosuit inventory would not be saved correctly.
- Fixed an issue where portable refiners placed near each other would share inventories
- Fixed an issue where the cockpit of some ships would continually open and close
- Fixed an issue where new controls were missing from the controls page
- Fixed a crash in creature routines
- Fixed an issue where S-Class ships changed appearance